Re: Communities of Practice

"Beckingham, Sue" <[log in to unmask]>

Beckingham, Sue

Wed, 13 Nov 2013 08:56:35 +0000

text/plain

And to add you can follow the SEDA Conference tweets via the hashtag #sedaconf !

A post on hashtags: http://socialmedia4us.wordpress.com/2012/10/27/829/

-----Original Message-----

From: Online forum for SEDA, the Staff & Educational Development Association [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lake, Peter

Sent: 13 November 2013 08:48

To: [log in to unmask]

Subject: Re: Communities of Practice

Dear all

Im feeling a quiet glow of satisfaction for having raised the question in the first place - not because of the question itself, but because I so nearly didn't send it for fear of it being of not much interest! How wrong I was!

Like Chris and Sara I would like to be part of taking the theme forward within the SEDA community. There have been several pointers to the work that already exists in the SEDA library and elsewhere, but a revisit/refresh is worthwhile anyway, and personally, I would like to think more about practical implementation issues. I note no correspondent has said "We did this and it was a great success" for example - despite the literature in place.

Unfortunately I am not at the upcoming conference but am putting my hand up to volunteer in other ways.

Regards

Peter Lake,

LTA Lead, Computing

Sheffield Hallam University