LDHEN October 2009

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

from an individual needs-based model...

"Pottinger, Isabelle B" <[log in to unmask]>

Pottinger, Isabelle B

Mon, 12 Oct 2009 10:34:21 +0100

text/plain

"as Learning Development moves from an individual needs-based model
based
around Student Support towards an open entitlement model based around
Learning Resources. "

David Bowers, please will you say a little more. It is not clear to me
what you are seeking to do.

We, At Heriot-Watt University, are moving away from a deficit model to
an enhancement model (i.e. moving away from trying to rescue students
who are on the point of dropping out and moving towards trying to help
students become even more effective learners; often working with whole
classes of students to encourage them to develop good study habits and
so gain even better scores.)

Best wishes,

Isabelle

Isabelle B Pottinger
Effective Learning Advisor/ Academic Counsellor
Effective Learning Service
Room 1.07 Scott Russell Building
Heriot-Watt University
Edinburgh