JiscMail Logo

Help for PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER Archives

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER Archives

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER Archives

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Message:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER Home

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER Home

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER  February 2009

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER February 2009

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Log In

Get Password

Get Password

Re: Explaining our educational influences in learn...

Susan Goff <[log in to unmask]>

Practitioner-Researcher <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 13 Feb 2009 16:06:46 +1100

text/plain

Hello Je Kan - I think its both and all three - meaning - I come to know
myself in the quiet of myself which no-one else sees or even has the
literacy to know (true for all human beings at least)
And I also come to know myself in the world in the way others see me and I
see them - this is often flawed as the powers of perception are so driven by
society's oppressions - however I am a part of this oppression too - so
where the knowing feels misplaced there is usually some remnant of
oppression in my way of being that is finding a match even if I can't see it
or don't want to admit to it
In my writing I was not searching for validation - but touch...
And then there is that entity which is me, and you, that makes us - in the
world - a powerful binary system, amongst countless binary systems - as I
can only ever be known and can only know another in this binary scale (I
think that's right...) no matter how many others are around me - this
insight helps me a lot when I am facilitating large public events or
speaking at conferences!
There is something about bifurcation from self to other - and other to self
- some kind of movement in out/one to two/ which sits in the flow of being
context on context - each changing the shape of the one, the two, the us and
the larger context...
Its a hard shape to grasp - and probably better just to close my eyes and
surf it or - search for prince frogs as you suggest
Susan