JiscMail Logo

Help for PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER Archives

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER Archives

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER Archives

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Message:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER Home

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER Home

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER  May 2011

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER May 2011

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Log In

Get Password

Get Password

Re: How to establish an environment that calls out the most and the best of everyone

Alon Serper <[log in to unmask]>

Practitioner-Researcher <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 20 May 2011 15:16:07 +0100

text/plain

RE-How often has someone 'picked it up the wrong way'.

You check this. You ask the hearer/reader to clarify back what he/she
understood or better yet, you see what he/she has understood from the
reply.  If he/she is wrong about what you said, you gently correct
him/her.  The important thing is to engage and dialogue rather than
make linguistic propositional assertions.  This is what a conversation
is all about, checking how your meanings are being understood and
adding to them.  Whilst doing so, you reflect both individually and as
group collaboration.  You admit mistakes and are open, authentic,
humble and engaging. It is an art that is very worthwhile mastering.
But as Gadamer and Collingwood pointed out, we are not ready for it.
Had we were, I would not have had that much problem with finding
academic hosts for my post-propositional critical psychology postdoc.
I worked very hard at it over the last decade.  I am checking it and
doing it now. Alon