JiscMail Logo

Help for PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER Archives

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER Archives

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER Archives

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Message:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER Home

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER Home

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER  October 2010

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER October 2010

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Log In

Get Password

Get Password

Re: Journeys and Love in teaching

"Alan Rayner (BU)" <[log in to unmask]>

Practitioner-Researcher <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 31 Oct 2010 17:31:28 -0000

text/plain

Dear Sara,

Thank you for this very insightful response!

"Alan, I can feel your passion and warmth, so I wonder if you know that it
can kill off the joy and hope and incentive of our attempts to move towards
one another, (as through what Joan calls 'holism'), when someone dismisses
them, even the most radical of them, as irrelevant, misguided or potentially
'oppressive colonization'?  I *do* understand the ground of your rejection,
your commitment to a deeper and truer reality, that lies behind the need to
correct/reject any perception and terminology that undermines the beautiful,
underlying truth of natural inclusionality.  But it is so dismissive of
human spirit and intent, and of the miracles that come from this spirit and
intent, as to become a kind of oppression and colonization in its own right.
Which is what you yourself abhor..?"

Yes, I am all too keenly aware of this and it troubles and discomforts me
greatly. I have no wish to appear to dismiss anyone's efforts to enhance
their own and others' understanding of Nature and Human Nature. I have every
wish to encourage all kinds of enquiry. Natural Inclusionality is not
opposed to holism (or reductionism). But both holism and reductionism DO
BLOCK OUT the possibility of understanding Natural Inclusionality. That is
my dilemma. Do I go along with ways of thinking that block out what I do
indeed see all too clearly as the deeper truth that removes paradox?
Or do I try, as best I can, to point out how to get beyond the definitive
reasoning that produces the paradox? I feel duty-bound to the latter.

Warmest

Alan