JiscMail Logo

Help for PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER Archives

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER Archives

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER Archives

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Message:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER Home

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER Home

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER  April 2008

PRACTITIONER-RESEARCHER April 2008

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Log In

Get Password

Get Password

Re: AA Thread 1 07-08 Raising issues, asking questions, and making networking available for practiti

Jean McNiff <[log in to unmask]>

BERA Practitioner-Researcher <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 11 Apr 2008 11:12:03 +0100

text/plain

Hi Cathie and all,

This is such a powerful idea, that in offering explanations for our
living practices, from within the practices, we are in fact 'doing
theory', and we can tell our research stories as our living theories of
practice. Brilliant. Louise, maybe you could write your research story
so that your supervisors can see that you are writing with
methodological rigour through showing the processes of theorising
through the writing? Just to note, I used to get awfully stuck with the
idea of 'theory' but now bear in mind what Jack once told me, that the
idea of 'theory' is much the same as the idea of 'explanation', so
whenever I come across the word 'theory' I do an instant translation
into 'explanation', and 'theorising my practice' as 'offering
explanations for my practice'. It usually works.

Cathie, can you give the sources for the Foucault and Mullarkey quotes,
please? I'd like to follow them up. Thank you!

Best wishes,

Jean