Re: paper of interest + PhD in design

Newton Santosh D'Souza Prabhu <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 23 Mar 2001 10:07:43 +0800

text/plain

-----Original Message-----
From: Newton Santosh D'Souza Prabhu
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2001 10:07 AM
To: 'Lubomir S. Popov'
Subject: RE: paper of interest + PhD in design

Lubimir said (If you do not want to
understand it, do not waist your time with research -- go back to the
drawing board)

Dear Lubimir,
I think your position clearly demonstrates the rift between practitioners
and design acadaemicians. This is the very  reasons for which a practitioner
shies away from research and also vice-versa. Perhaps scientific research as
strong empirical data to fall against. However,  unfortunately in  design
research there is no such privilige. This is exactly why a close nexus
between a practitioner and a researcher should be developed.
I also disagree wuth your concern to protect the "design community" from
"the world of science".I sincerely think there is much to share and learn
from each other.

Regards,
Newton D'souza