PHD-DESIGN  May 2019

PHD-DESIGN May 2019

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Help! Our field needs a new name: "Design" is far too misleading for much of what we do.

jose luis casamayor <[log in to unmask]>

PhD-Design - This list is for discussion of PhD studies and related research in <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 27 May 2019 11:41:23 +0000

text/plain

Dear Ken,

I did not want to publicly intervene, because probably the PhD-Design-forum is not the best place to discuss (in-depth) this issue, as this type of dicussions may (and usually) trigger many e-mails (with subsequent follow-ups); but the word 'design' is very clear to me, and i cannot see why we should change the definition.

Chemists, engineers, and many other professionals also design, but many 'designers' (and this is a problem we have) do not know this because they never have worked with, or read other disciplines, so i see this issue as an ignorance problem, not a 'design' definition problem!

Thanks for your patience taking the time to reply to some 'interesting' e-mails!

Best wishes,

Jose