Help for LIS-MAPS Archives

LIS-MAPS Archives

lis-maps@jiscmail.ac.uk

LIS-MAPS Home

LIS-MAPS  December 2004

LIS-MAPS December 2004

Re: Historic boundaries within the Isle of Man

A forum for issues related to map & spatial data librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:53:07 -0000

Humphrey (et al.):

Other than sheet 100 of the OS Old Series One Inch to One Mile, in states of
1873 and 1874, we have (and can offer in some form) the following:-

1) 'A new map of the Isle of Man, shewing the local divisions, roads &
geographical features . . . May 1861' also at 1:63 360 (1861, coloured,
parishes shown by pecked lines);

2) Stanford's map at 1:126 720 "shewing the districts, sheadings & parishes,
towns . . .' (1861, outline coloured);

3) '. . . This Map of the Isle of Man, . . . dedicated . . .by John
Drinkwater.  From a Trigonometrical Survey by Benjamin Smythe', again at
1:63 360 (1826, outline coloured, parishes by pecked lines).

All listed on our online catalogue (but not necessarily clarifying presence
of parish boundaries).

Francis
http://www.rg.sorg [see 'collections' - including some online catalogues]