SEX-ETHICS-POLITICS  November 2014

SEX-ETHICS-POLITICS November 2014

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

9th European Feminist Research Conference

Paul reynolds <[log in to unmask]>

Paul reynolds <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 1 Nov 2014 16:32:05 +0000

text/plain

Please note that the 9th European Feminist Research Conference Sex &
Capital will be hosted by the University of Lappland on 3-6 June, 2015.

Personally I think the conference would be well-suited for queering
the sessions, since the calls are rather broad, and the general topic
of Sex and Capital can be interpreted rather broadly. Me, for my part,
would love to see not just the people from my own research group, but
also a lot of others to present their papers about queer
relationships, sexuality and affects, and to start to consider joint
publications and research projects under the midnight sun ;-)

So please pay attention e.g. to the strand on genders, embodiments and
sexualities (see below) and send your abstract to the organizers by
November 3rd.

Best,
Tuula Juvonen

Session 8. Genders, Embodiments and Sexualities

  This strand understands that genders, embodiments and sexualities
are vulnerable in different ways to economic pressures and hardships.
Furthermore, they also vary in their ability to survive and/or
transform these pressures and hardships into advantages.

  You are welcome to present, problematize and discuss your ideas,
thoughts and research on topics including, but not limited to, the
commodification of certain kind of bodies and sexualities and
resistance to such commodification; re/organization of kinship and
sexual relations; the use of legal systems in a capitalist economy as
a normalizing tool and challenges to that.

  Scholars and activists who come from different disciplines and use
different kinds of data are invited to suggest normcritical readings
of, e.g. cultural products, social practices, political movements and
citizenship.

  We are looking forward to providing a space that challenges one’s
own positioning by encouraging transversal dialogues among participants.

Please see also the full conference CFP below:

The 9th European Feminist Research Conference Sex & Capital which
takes place on 3-6 June, 2015 in Rovaniemi, University of Lapland,
calls for papers and posters. There are nine thematic strands, of
which we kindly ask you to pick up one for your abstract (the link to
the strand discriptions:
http://www.ulapland.fi/InEnglish/About-us/News--Events/Events/Events-2015/EFRC-2015/Strands). Submitted abstracts will be peer reviewed by at least two experts. The deadline for abstracts is 3 November 2014. Notification of acceptance will be sent to corresponding authors not later than 10 January
2015.

For more information, see:
www.ulapland.fi/efrc2015<http://www.ulapland.fi/efrc2015>

Link to the abstract submission:

https://lapland.conference-services.net/authorlogin.asp?conferenceID=4365&language=en-uk

If you are an Atgender student member, you may apply for a grant of 250 euros.

Hope to see you all in the conference!

On behalf ot the Organising Committee,
Kirsti Lempiäinen

Kirsti Lempiäinen