LIS-E-RESOURCES  January 2007

LIS-E-RESOURCES January 2007

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Gracing Periods - Why Aren't More Publishers Adopting These?

Lev Malov <[log in to unmask]>

An informal open list set up by the UK Serials Group <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 12 Jan 2007 11:03:33 +0300

text/plain

Rollo,

Let me comment your statement:
RT> The more inefficient the publisher the more they require to
RT> provide a lengthier grace period.

A grace period also depends on production schedule. Normally for
translation journals there is a gap of one-two months between the
original version (in my case in Russian) and its English translation.
And that is a reason to provide a lengthier grace period - in the case
of Turpion journals we offer a three-month grace period.

Lev

Lev Malov
General Manager
Turpion-Moscow Ltd