Poster publisher replies to comments

Steve Franklin <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 1 Sep 2001 23:25:22 -0400

text/plain

Martin, Everyone--

This from John Moretti of 3Design. I'm not sure why I was chosen for
this duty, except that I took exception to the criticism of his
quotation. The following communication does not necessarily represent
my own opinion...blah blah blah, etc. I quote in full:

Steve:

Finally tracked down the list references to the poster I am printing.
Surprised that there's some kinda harsh stuff here, to whcih I feel
obligated to respond.

Have no idea how to post anything there - would you pass this into the
discussion?

I'm the guy who chose the silly and not-exactly perfect quote. I was
unaware
of the context of the quote but chose and used it with only the best
intention.

I have worked in the communications industry my entire life in one way
or
another and I know that getting people to listen...first requires
stopping
them in their tracks. The image does that and the provocative message
created by the graphic and the quote combined, I think, is a valid and
important one.

Interesting to note that every order we've received, from both
distributors
and individuals, from California to Australia, have requested equal
numbers
of both versions.

Computer and network technology has contributed greatly to my life and
the
life of those around me: I work from my home, giving me more time with
my
kids, I don't have to drive or waste paper for snail mail, my business
creates little waste and pollution and I'm around for my elderly
neighbors
during the day.

Perhaps it's pretty naiive to hope that a lot of wire can save the
world,
but this computer guy, multimedia producer, huge non-profit supporter
and
father of two young boys hopes that maybe...just maybe...it will help.

Best,

John Moretti
3DESiGN
303.744.3877