Re: Zinegreet

Ruth Collingwood <[log in to unmask]>

UK Zine Librarians <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 25 Apr 2017 10:37:34 +0000

text/plain

Hi Loesja and everyone,

Just a quick hello from me. I took over from Leila here at London College of Communication library, looking after special collections, including the zine collection. The collection was started in 2009 (by Leila!) and now contains over 3000 zines dating from the 1970s onwards. These cover many subjects including art, photography, music, politics, race, ethnicity, gender and sexuality, and are in a variety of styles and formats.

The collection is accessible to UAL staff and students, as well as the public. We have a Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/LCCLibraryZineCollection.ac.uk ) where you can keep up to date on events and zine updates.

I was at the first UK zine librarians meeting at the BL and would definitely by up for meeting again, it was great to meet other zine folks and there were lots of ideas!

Ruth

Ruth Collingwood

Academic Support Librarian

For: Design for Art Direction / Design Management & Cultures / Games Design / Service Experience Design

and LCC Library Special Collections

London College of Communication

Elephant and Castle, London, SE1 6SB

0207 514 6722