Re: Tick tick...

Brian Davies <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 24 Jun 2015 11:53:04 +0000

text/plain

My guess is that our page is not accessible form outside of the RAL site.
Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Lydia Heck [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 24 June 2015 12:00
To: Davies, Brian (STFC,RAL,SC)
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Tick tick...

Once I had removed the queued jobs and re-submitted they went through, albeit with errors.

I have submitted another 6. And the first one is half through with peak transmit speeds of ~350 MByte/sec

Brian, do you know, why  I got permission denied on the one web page that you
advised for browsing? I had my certificate loaded, but maybe the file
permissions are such that the web browser does have no read permissions?

Best wishes,
Lydia

On Wed, 24 Jun 2015, Brian Davies wrote:

> We had a network storm/issue  yesterday on our network ( hardware not related to castor but sharing the network.) Hence the network rate on the servers.
> If there does end up being a denial of service due to too many transfers we do have the ability to limit it, but FTS should automatically adjust ( when it gets enough metadata on the transfers.)
> Brian

>>> site=%22n/a%22&date.interval=2880&grouping.src=%28country,site%29&m.c
>>> ontent=%28efficiency,successes,throughput%29&server=%28bnl,cmsfts3.fn
>>> al.gov,fts.hep.pnnl.gov,fts3-pilot.cern.ch,fts3.cern.ch,lcgfts3.gridp
>>> p.rl.ac.uk%29&src.country=%28%22n/a%22%29&tab=transfer_plots&vo=%28ni