MEDIEVAL-RELIGION  December 2011

MEDIEVAL-RELIGION December 2011

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Fwd: TMR 11.12.12 Durling, The Divine Comedy (Benfell)

Christopher Crockett <[log in to unmask]>

medieval-religion - Scholarly discussions of medieval religious culture <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 19 Dec 2011 12:02:35 -0500

text/plain

Dante, for some reason, might be of interest to some here.

i have no idea why that might be the case.

i tried to read him once and found him to have no sense of humor at all
--about a hundred pages in, without a single laugh, i just Gave it Up.

perhaps it was the translation.

might make a good movie, though, with the right director and Special Effects
man.

and if Tony Hopkins were cast as Dante and Kate Blanchette as Beatrice.