Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Combined replies

Janos Urai <[log in to unmask]>

Tectonics & structural geology discussion list <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 26 Mar 2011 00:28:37 +0100

text/plain

I agree with Margaret about how we should behave as responsible
scientists. However, I want to speak up in defence of all my
colleagues who have patiently spent a lot of time with Koenemann at
conferences in the past twenty years or so, listening to his
arguments, giving advice. Some were not convinced, others were; his
work is published  in peer-reviewed journals and on the internet. This
is how science should be done.

For myself, I am still waiting for the definition of a physical
experiment which is unambigious, and a prediction of Koenemann about
the outcome of this experiment, with which he can show that his theory
is superior to existing ones.  In his work I have not found such a
description.

A very similar challenge was posed to him in a discussion on this
topic in the mechanics community  at  http://imechanica.org/node/5321

Janos Urai