TOURISMANTHROPOLOGY  January 2010

TOURISMANTHROPOLOGY January 2010

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

TOURISM AND TRAVEL: RESEARCH : TOURISM AND TRAVEL: RESOURCES: Finding Free Databases, Search Engines and Resoruce Collections on the Internet for Tourism and Hospitality Research

"David P. Dillard" <[log in to unmask]>

David P. Dillard

Mon, 18 Jan 2010 12:39:43 -0500

TEXT/PLAIN

.

TOURISM AND TRAVEL: RESEARCH : TOURISM AND TRAVEL: RESOURCES:
Finding Free Databases, Search Engines and Resoruce Collections
on the Internet for Tourism and Hospitality Research

This document is a response to a discussion on the Trinet discussion group
of academic, research and professional people in the fields of tourism,
hospitality and event management.  This post has links that show the
usefulness of Google Books, Google Scholar, Google Government, Google News
Archive, Google Images, Google Video, SCIRUS, TRIS, and PubMed for finding
valuable information, websites and journal literature relevant to tourism.

I suspect that an online library does not formally exist as an entity for
the subject field of tourism, but there is a substantial collection of
tourism content and research online full text or with full text content
amongst other content that is not available free and online in full text.

Google Books

Limited preview and full view

A substantial portion of limited preview books is often if not always
found online.

Books 1 - 10 of 78,754 on tourism OR tourist OR tourists OR hospitality OR
vacationing OR vacationers

<http://books.google.com/books?q=tourism+OR+tourist+OR+tourists+OR+
hospitality+OR+vacationing+OR+vacationers&as_brr=3&spell=1&oi=spell>

A shorter URL for the above link:

<http://tinyurl.com/yb95th6>

Content Sample:

Of hospitality?
Jacques Derrida, Anne Dufourmantelle - Literary Criticism - 2000 - 160
pages
The book consists of two texts on facing pages. Invitation by Anne
Dufourmantelle appears on the left (an invitation that of course
originates in a ...
Limited preview - About this book - Add to my library - More editions

The tourist: a new theory of the leisure class?
Dean MacCannell - Social Science - 1999 - 231 pages
This edition includes a new foreword by Lucy R. Lippard and a new
afterword by the author.
Limited preview - About this book - Add to my library - More editions

Tourism: a community approach?
Peter E. Murphy - Business & Economics - 1985 - 200 pages
Limited preview - About this book - Add to my library - More editions

Tourism: principles, practices, philosophies?
Charles R. Goeldner, J. R. Brent Ritchie - Business & Economics - 2006 -
590 pages
The updated and expanded #1 introduction to tourism principles and
practices retains its classic approach in this new tenth edition Virtually
every country has ...
Limited preview - About this book - Add to my library - More editions

Developing hospitality properties and facilities?
Josef Ransley, Hadyn Ingram - Business & Economics - 2004 - 321 pages
With contributions from both academics and practitioners, this book looks
at design, building issues, operational relationships, and therefore
provides the ...
Limited preview - About this book - Add to my library

Tourism: between place and performance?
Simon Coleman, Mike Crang - Travel - 2002 - 246 pages
This collection presents an expanded notion of spectatorship with a more
dynamic sense of embodied and performed engagement with places.
Limited preview - About this book - Add to my library - More editions

Tourism and intercultural exchange: why tourism matters?
Gavin Jack, Alison M. Phipps - Business & Economics - 2005 - 181 pages
Limited preview - About this book - Add to my library

Hospitality & Tourism?
Robert A. Brymer - Business & Economics - 2003 - 410 pages
CD-ROM contains files that correspond to each chapter of the book.
Limited preview - About this book - Add to my library - More editions

Hospitality (Australia Wide)?
Sarah James - Business & Economics - 2006 - 170 pages
Limited preview - About this book - Add to my library

The international hospitality business: management and operations?
Lawrence Yu - Business & Economics - 1999 - 404 pages
While this volume provides you with important, comprehensive knowledge
that will help you manage the your overseas hospitality operations in a
way that keeps ...
Limited preview - About this book - Add to my library - More editions

Click on find in a library on the left side bar inside the entry for many
books and find a library nearby that has the book or journal you are
looking for from Worldcat that may be searched directly from this web URL:

<http://www.worldcat.org>

If you slip and use .com instead of .org, you can purchase a motor boat
instead.

Google Scholar

Google Scholar leads to some of the content found being free on the
internet, other sources are fee based publications available through
subscription.

tourism OR tourist OR tourists OR hospitality OR vacationing OR
vacationers

Results 1 - 10 of about 888,000

<http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=
tourism%20OR%20tourist%20OR%20tourists%
20OR%20hospitality%20OR%20vacationing%
20OR%20vacationers&sa=N&hl=en&tab=ps>

A shorter URL for the above link:

<http://tinyurl.com/ya5pbec>

Newspapers and popular magazines are also a library source and Google News
Archive provides coverage in these areas with selected full text online
free.

Google News Archive

Results 1 - 10 of about 5,740,000 for tourism OR tourist OR tourists OR
hospitality OR vacationing OR vacationers.

<http://news.google.com/archivesearch?pz=1&cf=all&ned=us&hl=en&q=
tourism+OR+tourist+OR+tourists+OR+hospitality+OR+vacationing+OR+
vacationers&cf=all>

A shorter URL for the above link:

<http://tinyurl.com/y9rrnrs>

Government publications and documents on the web are often available full
text online free.

Google Government

Results 1 - 10 of about 3,900,000 for tourism OR tourist OR tourists OR
hospitality OR vacationing OR vacationers

<http://www.google.com/unclesam?hl=en&q=tourism+OR+tourist+OR+tourists+
OR+hospitality+OR+vacationing+OR+vacationers&btnG=Search>

A shorter URL for the above link:

<http://tinyurl.com/y9ohfmm>

Content Sample:

Hospitality Industry InformationIt has listened to employers,
representatives from industry associations, and other stakeholders in the
hospitality industry regarding their efforts to ...
www.doleta.gov/brg/Indprof/Hospitality.cfm - Cached

Career Voyages - Hospitality Jobs - HospitalityHospitality. Industry
Overview; In-Demand Occupations; Divider line; Hotels and Lodging
Restaurants and Food ... Education and Training in Hospitality ...
www.careervoyages.gov/hospitality-main.cfm - Cached

Welcome to Tourism Industries International Visitor Spending in the United
States: A Year in Decline - Travel and Tourism-Related Exports Decline
Twelve Consecutive Months ...
tinet.ita.doc.gov/ - Cached

Visit Nebraska Nebraska Department of Economic Development  301 Centennial
Mall South  PO Box 94666  Lincoln, NE 68509-4666  Tourism Contacts ...
www.visitnebraska.gov/ - Cached

Indiana's Official Travel Planning Source: VisitIndiana.comWelcome to
VisitIndiana.com, the official website for tourism in Indiana. ... Browse
our site for events and festivals, tourist attractions, discounts and ...
www.in.gov/visitindiana/ - Cached

VisitIndiana: Travel ProfessionalsThe Indiana Office of Tourism
Development works closely with industry partners around the state to make
our tourism industry the best it can be. ...
www.in.gov/tourism/ - Cached

Welcome to New HampshireThe official site of the New Hampshire Office of
Travel and Tourism development.
www.visitnh.gov/ - 23 hours ago - Cached

Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation DepartmentTourism is big business for
Oklahoma. And it's our job to make it an even bigger, more vital part of
our economy. There are three areas of concentration ...
www.oklatourism.gov/ - Cached

ENERGY STAR For Hospitality : ENERGY STARRead the Hospitality Fact Sheet,
learn about the benefits of benchmarking PDF ... Learn about other energy
management initiatives in the hospitality ...
www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=hospitality.bus_hospitality - Cached

Louisiana Department of Culture, Recreation & TourismOfficial state guide
to parks, festivals, and tourist attractions.
www.crt.state.la.us/ - Cached

<snip>

One can even look at the pictures

Google Images

Results 1 - 20 of about 184,000,000

<http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=tourism%20OR%20tourist%
20OR%20tourists%20OR%20hospitality%20OR%20vacationing%20OR%
20vacationers&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi>

A shorter URL for the above link:

<http://tinyurl.com/ylhtbq5>

Or go to the tourism movies.

Google Video

[This same search can be pasted into YouTube as well.]

Results 1 - 10 of about 322,000 for tourism OR tourist OR tourists OR
hospitality OR vacationing OR vacationers

<http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&q=tourism%20OR%
20tourist%20OR%20tourists%20OR%20hospitality%20OR%20vacationing%
20OR%20vacationers&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=iv&tbo=0#>

A shorter URL for the above link:

<http://tinyurl.com/yd7umhk>

I design my library subject guides to maximize content that is free on the
web outside of my links to databases that the library at Temple pays for
its students staff and faculty to use in their research that is part of my
subject guide database listing content box.

.

TEMPLE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES SUBJECT GUIDES:
EMPLOYMENT RESOURCES
http://guides.temple.edu/EMPLOYMENT

.

TEMPLE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES SUBJECT GUIDES:
DISABILITIES
http://guides.temple.edu/DISABILITIES

.

TEMPLE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES SUBJECT GUIDES:
Hospitality Subject Guide
Sources Focused on the Hosptality of Tourism and Tourism
Sources Useful for Hospitality Research
http://guides.temple.edu/hospitality

.

TEMPLE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES SUBJECT GUIDES:
General Internet & Print Resources
Internet and Published Print Information Sources and Websites
http://guides.temple.edu/general-internet

.

TEMPLE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES SUBJECT GUIDES:
RECREATION SUBJECT GUIDES:
General Recreation Subject Guide
This Guide Covers the Subject of Recreation in General
Focusing on Sources That Encompass the Overall Field
http://guides.temple.edu/recreation

.

TEMPLE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES SUBJECT GUIDES:
RECREATION SUBJECT GUIDES:
Leisure Resources
This guide focuses on leisure and leisure studies research and learning
resources
http://guides.temple.edu/leisure

.

TEMPLE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES SUBJECT GUIDES:
RECREATION SUBJECT GUIDES:
Outdoor Recreation
This Recreation Subject Guide Covers the Wide Range of
Outside or Outdoor Activities that are Recreational or Leisure Pursuits
http://guides.temple.edu/outdoor

.

TEMPLE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES SUBJECT GUIDES:
RUSSELL CONWELL EDUCATIONAL SERVICES CENTER:
Learning Research and Study Resources and
The College Learning Center
http://guides.temple.edu/Russell-Conwell-Center

.

TEMPLE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES SUBJECT GUIDES:
Sports & Sports Management
This Guide Covers a Wide Range Of Issues in Sports in General
as Well as Sources Focused in Sports Management
http://guides.temple.edu/sports-management

.

TEMPLE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES SUBJECT GUIDES:
TOURISM SUBJECT GUIDES:
General TOURISM Subject Guide
This Guide Leads to Sources Important for Research in Tourism
and the Interrelationship of Tourism with Other Broad Subject Fields
[THIS GUIDE WILL BE PUBLISHED SOON]
http://guides.temple.edu/tourism

.

TEMPLE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES SUBJECT GUIDES:
COUNTRY SUBJECT GUIDES:
General Country Guide
General Country Resources
http://guides.temple.edu/general-country-info

.

Many academic libraries provide free guest access on site to electronic
resources and computer use, possibly with time limitations, but rules are
often waived for visiting scholars, so databases such as CAB and the
Hospitality and Tourism database from EBSCO with any full text content
from the journals they cover will be available on site at universities
that subscribe to these databases and also provide guest access.

The Net-Gold discussion group now has ten archives and related lists and
there are seven subject specific lists, four about sports medicine
including the JISC list on the British National Academic server called
SportMed and also three that cover health, medicine, sports, recreation,
tourism and so forth.  All are publically archived and search engine
indexed and contributions are welcome from members who post.  George
Lessard, a Canadian journalist, for example, is a regular Net-Gold poster
and has contributed some valuable posts already about the earthquake
disaster in Haiti.  This list of links provides access to much free
internet and other content found in Net-Gold posts.

Net-Gold
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/net-gold>

<http://tinyurl.com/myxb4w>

<http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/net-gold.html>

<http://groups.google.com/group/net-gold?hl=en>

SPORT-MED
http://groups.google.com/group/sport-med

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/healthrecsport/
http://groups.google.com/group/healthrecsport
http://healthrecsport.jiglu.com/

HOSPITALITY
http://tinyurl.com/m53j8t

RECREATION
http://tinyurl.com/l6tptn

RECREATION ARTS AND CRAFTS
http://tinyurl.com/m4ocat

RECREATION BICYCLING
http://tinyurl.com/mbzjzd

RECREATION BOATING
http://tinyurl.com/lt8en6

RECREATION COLLECTIONS
http://tinyurl.com/meaagt

RECREATION FACILITIES
http://tinyurl.com/nxcfjw

RECREATION GAMES
http://tinyurl.com/lz3hcu

RECREATION GARDENING
http://tinyurl.com/nexycj

GARDENING
http://tinyurl.com/n4wqyf

RECREATION HISTORY
http://tinyurl.com/mxa29q

RECREATION HOBBIES
http://tinyurl.com/m93vx4

RECREATION HORTICULTURE
http://tinyurl.com/ngklun

RECREATION OUTDOOR
http://tinyurl.com/kqcy73

PETS
http://tinyurl.com/m6thp2
OR
http://tinyurl.com/no47bw

RECREATION RESEARCH
http://tinyurl.com/kokjzx

RECREATION SOCIAL
http://tinyurl.com/mybv7t

RECREATION THERAPY
http://tinyurl.com/l3k32k

REFERENCE
http://tinyurl.com/nzxxtv

REFERENCE ALMANACS
http://tinyurl.com/lj5tqy

REFERENCE CURRENT AWARENESS
http://tinyurl.com/ltegmf

REFERENCE DESKS
http://tinyurl.com/nqabfx

ENCYCLOPEDIAS
http://tinyurl.com/nfe2wv

REFERENCE HANDBOOKS
http://tinyurl.com/ks8qt6

REFERENCE LISTS
http://tinyurl.com/njo3gw

REFERENCE ONLINE
http://tinyurl.com/n5o8ur
OR
http://tinyurl.com/kk7xlh

REFERENCE TECHNIQUES
http://tinyurl.com/lxdsmy

REFERENCE TOOLS
http://tinyurl.com/kwhse6

THESAURUSES
http://tinyurl.com/kodpw3

REFORM AND REFORM MOVEMENTS
http://tinyurl.com/lzcg99

REFORM LEGISLATION
http://tinyurl.com/mlxoc6

SPORTS
http://tinyurl.com/nhhq5l

SPORTS ADOLESCENTS
http://tinyurl.com/lqtzmp

SPORTS AMATEUR
http://tinyurl.com/mlk3vc

SPORTS ATHLETES
http://tinyurl.com/mjewuo

SPORTS AUTOMOBILE
http://tinyurl.com/nl4pu6

SPORTS BADMINTON
http://tinyurl.com/mtbt6c

SPORTS BASEBALL
http://tinyurl.com/lrwj82

SPORTS BASEBALL HISTORY
http://tinyurl.com/nubdt3

SPORTS BASKETBALL
http://tinyurl.com/kojg6o

SPORTS BASKETBALL COLLEGE
http://tinyurl.com/n26ylo

SPORTS BASKETBALL PROFESSIONAL
http://tinyurl.com/kugkf8

SPORTS BEHAVIOR
http://tinyurl.com/nnlhj6

SPORTS BICYCLING
http://tinyurl.com/llklxq

SPORTS BOWLING
http://tinyurl.com/m83ugu

SPORTS BROADCASTING
http://tinyurl.com/muk4p8

SPORTS CHILDREN
http://tinyurl.com/ll4mer

SPORTS COACHES AND COACHING
http://tinyurl.com/ns4n6p

SPORTS COLLEGE
http://tinyurl.com/l6xbdq
OR
http://tinyurl.com/mvte67

SPORTS COMPUTER
http://tinyurl.com/mtdc2v

SPORTS CRICKET
http://tinyurl.com/lak5d8

SPORTS CROQUET
http://tinyurl.com/lpy4ce

SPORTS DISABILITIES
http://tinyurl.com/ncv2va

SPORTS DRUG AND SUBSTANCE USE AND ABUSE
http://tinyurl.com/km8arm

SPORTS EDUCATION
http://tinyurl.com/kw3kek

SPORTS EQUIPMENT
http://tinyurl.com/mya93x

SPORTS EVENTS
http://tinyurl.com/koag25

SPORTS FAN
http://tinyurl.com/lhcauj

SPORTS FISHING
http://tinyurl.com/lmgulv

SPORTS FITNESS
http://tinyurl.com/nc2eus

SPORTS FOOTBALL
http://tinyurl.com/ms5dsd

SPORTS FOOTBALL COLLEGE
http://tinyurl.com/n9x7v7

SPORTS FOOTBALL PROFESSIONAL
http://tinyurl.com/nsq3ch

SPORTS FOOTWEAR
http://tinyurl.com/np63kw

SPORTS GAMBLING
http://tinyurl.com/ngrof4

SPORTS GIRLS
http://tinyurl.com/mpvxkb

SPORTS GOLF
http://tinyurl.com/n9zuq3

SPORTS HIGH SCHOOL
http://tinyurl.com/l5tm3t

SPORTS HISTORY
http://tinyurl.com/m6olbp

SPORTS HOCKEY
http://tinyurl.com/makzta

SPORTS HORSEMANSHIP
http://tinyurl.com/npfror

SPORTS HORSESHOES
http://tinyurl.com/nq63yz

SPORTS INJURIES
http://tinyurl.com/kpjtnp

SPORTS INTERNATIONAL
http://tinyurl.com/lkd689

SPORTS JOURNALISM
http://tinyurl.com/n4woxq

SPORTS LAW
http://tinyurl.com/ne5eto

SPORTS LITTLE LEAGUE BASEBALL
http://tinyurl.com/m3m88e

SPORTS MANAGEMENT
http://tinyurl.com/lbubem

SPORTS MARKETING
http://tinyurl.com/kknjk7

SPORTS MARTIAL ARTS
http://tinyurl.com/m2dcuu

SPORTS MEDICINE
http://tinyurl.com/my9x85

SPORTS MINORITIES
http://tinyurl.com/mpubh4

SPORTS NEWS
http://tinyurl.com/lha4wp

SPORTS OLYMPICS
http://tinyurl.com/klywob

SPORTS ORGANIZATIONS
http://tinyurl.com/m2fm5b

SPORTS PARTICIPATION
http://tinyurl.com/lr7y8d

SPORTS PERFORMANCE
http://tinyurl.com/lg74ef

SPORTS PERIODICALS
http://tinyurl.com/ntwano

SPORTS PHILOSOPHY
http://tinyurl.com/ln7gph

SPORTS PHYSIOLOGY
http://tinyurl.com/l8jn42

SPORTS PING PONG (TABLE TENNIS)
http://tinyurl.com/loktjs

SPORTS POLO
http://tinyurl.com/lmucxo

SPORTS PRACTICE AND DRILLS
http://tinyurl.com/lfu76u

SPORTS PROFESSIONAL
http://tinyurl.com/mvavd2

SPORTS PSYCHOLOGY
http://tinyurl.com/kkmzp4

SPORTS PUBLICATIONS
http://tinyurl.com/mzp2es

SPORTS RECRUITING
http://tinyurl.com/n5un4o

SPORTS REFERREES
http://tinyurl.com/lcbr42

SPORTS RESEARCH
http://tinyurl.com/nybgrv

SPORTS RESOURCES
http://tinyurl.com/n662jl

SPORTS RULES AND RULE BOOKS
http://tinyurl.com/nocyqn

SPORTS RUNNING
http://tinyurl.com/ljesrw

SPORTS SCHOOL AND INTERVARSITY
http://tinyurl.com/ncvumn

SPORTS SCIENCE
http://tinyurl.com/lfnpn2

SPORTS SKATEBOARDING
http://tinyurl.com/m8mt9j

SPORTS SKATING INLINE
http://tinyurl.com/lxdkrs

SPORTS SKIING
http://tinyurl.com/lg3hvl

SPORTS SNOWBOARDING
http://tinyurl.com/nd45n9

SPORTS SOCCER
http://tinyurl.com/kk99jx

SPORTS SOCIAL SCIENCE
http://tinyurl.com/metrxh

SPORTS SOCIOLOGY
http://tinyurl.com/mpgyfu

SPORTS SOFTBALL
http://tinyurl.com/ko7mem

SPORTS SPORTSMANSHIP
http://tinyurl.com/mfqtwh

SPORTS SQUASH
http://tinyurl.com/lnaovw

SPORTS STADIUMS
http://tinyurl.com/nv6vjv

SPORTS STATISTICS
http://tinyurl.com/mp96ql

SPORTS STORIES
http://tinyurl.com/lwbud2

SPORTS SWIMMING
http://tinyurl.com/m6hwq6

SPORTS TECHNIQUE
http://tinyurl.com/kv78et

SPORTS TENNIS
http://tinyurl.com/kmg4xf

SPORTS TRACK AND FIELD
http://tinyurl.com/nhg45c

SPORTS TRAINING
http://tinyurl.com/nrmjc6

SPORTS VIOLENCE
http://tinyurl.com/m5zvt4

SPORTS VOLLEYBALL
http://tinyurl.com/ksvv3s

SPORTS WINTER
http://tinyurl.com/n7qhkg

SPORTS WOMEN
http://tinyurl.com/mxjk5b

SPORTS WRESTLING
http://tinyurl.com/lh2bbf

SPORTS YOGA
http://tinyurl.com/nzchzl

TOURISM
http://tinyurl.com/lrptrc

TOURISM AND TRAVEL ADVENTURE TOURISM
http://tinyurl.com/l8lxfc

TOURISM AND TRAVEL ADVERTISING
http://tinyurl.com/nhrwdt
OR
http://tinyurl.com/kmrxlj

TOURISM AND TRAVEL ATTRACTIONS
http://tinyurl.com/mnqpcy
OR
http://tinyurl.com/lwc77u

TOURISM AND TRAVEL CASINOS
http://tinyurl.com/nv5xoq

TOURISM AND TRAVEL CRUISES
http://tinyurl.com/lelby9

TOURISM AND TRAVEL DARK TOURISM
http://tinyurl.com/lczy6j

TOURISM AND TRAVEL DOMESTIC
http://tinyurl.com/l7suwn
OR
http://tinyurl.com/nh8qx3

TOURISM AND TRAVEL ECOTOURISM
http://tinyurl.com/kqewxh

TOURISM AND TRAVEL EDUCATION
http://tinyurl.com/kwoshk
OR
http://tinyurl.com/m8xkde

TOURISM AND TRAVEL ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT AND ECOTOURISM
http://tinyurl.com/m8t585
OR
http://tinyurl.com/mt62b7

TOURISM AND TRAVEL EVENTS
http://tinyurl.com/l6tqah
OR
http://tinyurl.com/kkqf2q

TOURISM AND TRAVEL GOVERNMENT
http://tinyurl.com/nqemh7
OR
http://tinyurl.com/kume8f

TOURISM AND TRAVEL GUIDEBOOKS
http://tinyurl.com/m9dcz3

TOURISM AND TRAVEL HEALTH
http://tinyurl.com/moc496

TOURISM AND TRAVEL HERITAGE
http://tinyurl.com/mvgcgc
OR
http://tinyurl.com/mzhzld

TOURISM AND TRAVEL HISTORY
http://tinyurl.com/mt8h6r
OR
http://tinyurl.com/ns4jdm

TOURISM AND TRAVEL HOSPITALITY
http://tinyurl.com/ntj5o9

TOURISM AND TRAVEL INTERNET
http://tinyurl.com/l2olx9O
OR
http://tinyurl.com/nyh97k

TOURISM AND TRAVEL LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION
http://tinyurl.com/lbv8w6

TOURISM AND TRAVEL LAW
http://tinyurl.com/lo59oq
OR
http://tinyurl.com/lt7ggk

TOURISM AND TRAVEL MAPS
http://tinyurl.com/lo4rna
OR
http://tinyurl.com/l4j57l

TOURISM AND TRAVEL MARKETING
http://tinyurl.com/myey6y
OR
http://tinyurl.com/nzq5fm

TOURISM AND TRAVEL ORGANIZATIONS
http://tinyurl.com/ll2knm
OR
http://tinyurl.com/mt9v7b

TOURISM AND TRAVEL PERIODICALS
http://tinyurl.com/ne7jsz

TOURISM AND TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHY
http://tinyurl.com/nzp4kj

TOURISM AND TRAVEL PUBLICATIONS
http://tinyurl.com/l2x83b

TOURISM AND TRAVEL RESEARCH
http://tinyurl.com/mwntkf

TOURISM AND TRAVEL SITES
http://tinyurl.com/nupppd

TOURISM AND TRAVEL STATISTICS
http://tinyurl.com/kkkl8k

TOURISM AND TRAVEL SUSTAINABLE TOURISM
http://tinyurl.com/ln8tbh

TOURISM AND TRAVEL TRANSPORTATION
http://tinyurl.com/m36kfb

TOURISM AND TRAVEL TRAVEL AGENCIES
http://tinyurl.com/mz32wx

TOURISM AND TRAVEL TRAVELOGUES
http://tinyurl.com/lggg9v

TOURISM AND TRAVEL UNITED STATES
http://tinyurl.com/nk638h

As well as tools for finding more content:

DATA MINING
http://tinyurl.com/klka25

DATABASE OR DATABASES
http://tinyurl.com/mx7p97

DATABASE SEARCHING
http://tinyurl.com/m8chay

DATABASE SEARCHING TECHNIQUES
http://tinyurl.com/llvhyb

DATABASE SECURITY
http://tinyurl.com/lmwndn

DATABASE THESAURUSES
http://tinyurl.com/m95gsm

DATABASE TRAINING
http://tinyurl.com/nq8lxo

DATABASES FULLTEXT
http://tinyurl.com/lm4pux

INTERNET RESEARCH
http://tinyurl.com/n8mokd

INTERNET SEARCH
http://tinyurl.com/lbacf9

INTERNET SEARCH COUNTRY SPECIFIC TOOLS
http://tinyurl.com/mhjj8p

INTERNET SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION (SEO)
http://tinyurl.com/lfktts

INTERNET SEARCH GUIDES
http://tinyurl.com/mh4pax

INTERNET SEARCH LANGUAGE SPECIFIC TOOLS
http://tinyurl.com/lktkyj

INTERNET SEARCH MEDIA SPECIFIC TOOLS AND RESOURCES
http://tinyurl.com/njqfed

INTERNET SEARCH SUBJECT SPECIFIC TOOLS
http://tinyurl.com/l6rj23

INTERNET SEARCH TECHNOLOGY
http://tinyurl.com/mn62pw

INTERNET SEARCH TOOLS
http://tinyurl.com/melawb

INTERNET SECURITY
http://tinyurl.com/npj425

INTERNET SERVICES
http://tinyurl.com/mchomz

INTERNET SOCIAL
http://tinyurl.com/mqq2hh

INTERNET SOCIOLOGY
http://tinyurl.com/kvka9k

INTERNET SOFTWARE
http://tinyurl.com/moyqkh

INTERNET SOFTWARE REVIEWS
http://tinyurl.com/ljjcjk

INTERNET SPYWARE
http://tinyurl.com/kpm8v4

INTERNET MALWARE
http://tinyurl.com/qzbgep

INTERNET STANDARDS
http://tinyurl.com/nwh75q

INTERNET STATISTICS
http://tinyurl.com/m3nfsj

INTERNET TECHNOLOGY
http://tinyurl.com/l7qno9

INTERNET TOOLS
http://tinyurl.com/lwtlep

INTERNET TRAINING
http://tinyurl.com/l5secu

INTERNET URL SHORTENING TOOLS
http://tinyurl.com/kl7mw8

INTERNET WEB 2.0
http://tinyurl.com/ktr8vr

INTERNET SOCIAL NETWORKING
http://tinyurl.com/myxj3y

STANDARDS
http://tinyurl.com/mzdo6q

STATISTICAL
http://tinyurl.com/ms2sn6

STATISTICS
http://tinyurl.com/m2jnml

STATISTICS CALCULATION
http://tinyurl.com/l4ahqv

STATISTICS EVALUATION INTERPRETATION
http://tinyurl.com/mqkww9

STATISTICS HISTORY
http://tinyurl.com/movcg4

STATISTICS PROBABILITY
http://tinyurl.com/nd99vo

STATISTICS RESOURCES
http://tinyurl.com/l45wc3

STATISTICS RESOURCES HISTORICAL DATA
http://tinyurl.com/lxsj9x

STATISTICS SOFTWARE
http://tinyurl.com/nxsx5l

STATISTICS STATISTICAL LITERACY AND ILLITERACY
http://tinyurl.com/l5larp

STATISTICS SURVEYS AND SURVEYING TOOLS
http://tinyurl.com/nd6jd3

STATISTICS TOOLS
http://tinyurl.com/m63wsz

STATISTICS TOOLS TECHNIQUES SURVEYS QUESTIONNAIRES
http://tinyurl.com/mj9xn4

STATISTICS VITAL
http://tinyurl.com/klooqq

STORYTELLING
http://tinyurl.com/ln5svy

SUBJECT CATEGORIES
http://tinyurl.com/nj6mep

SUBJECT HEADING LISTS
http://tinyurl.com/ml6kfp

SUBJECT HEADINGS
http://tinyurl.com/mn2kjn

SUBJECT GUIDES
http://tinyurl.com/ksqvaq

And of course, given the content shared above, I invite all to:

Meet the Googles

<http://www.google.com/search?q=%22meet+the+googles%22+and+
%22net-gold%22&hl=en&rls=DAUS,DAUS:2006-11,DAUS:en&filter=0>

A shorter URL for the above link:

<http://tinyurl.com/52t9hj>

AND

<http://sites.google.com/site/searchtoolsfamily/>

One part of an online library of tourism content would be full text online
free access journals.  Since my earlier post on this issue was lengthy and
time was short, I did not create and provide this link that constitutes a
search of the web for free online journal collections with content in
tourism.   This is the world of Google and the web so that patience with
the results will be needed to find the wheat from out of the refuse.

Here is the search and the link to that search:

Results 1 - 10 of about 127,000 for (tourism OR hospitality) and ("free
online" OR "online free") and (periodicals OR journals OR "trade
publications") and (archive OR archives OR collection OR collections OR
"open source")

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=(tourism+OR+hospitality)+and+
(%22free+online%22+OR+%22online+free%22)+and+(periodicals+OR+journals+
OR+%22trade+publications%22)+and+(archive+OR+archives+OR+collection+OR+
collections+OR+%22open+source%22)&start=0&sa=N>

A shorter URL for the above link:

<http://tinyurl.com/ylgxl8b>

As has been stated by someone in this thread, there are large amounts of
information and sources including books and journal articles on the web
already and the key may not be to start over with a new collection, but to
index and organize the content that is already there in many scattered
soruces.  Another database that is available free on the web, SCIRUS, will
also be a good source for the kind of content needed for tourism research.
Also keep in mind that the sources cited in my earlier post can be
searched for specific topics and my searches were only aimed as showing
the amount and kinds of content in these tools pertinent to tourism.

Scirus on Tourism

1-10 of 4,597,150 hits for tourism OR tourist OR tourists OR hospitality
OR vacationing OR vacationers

<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=(tourism+OR+hospitality)+and+
(%22free+online%22+OR+%22online+free%22)+and+(periodicals+OR+journals+
OR+%22trade+publications%22)+and+(archive+OR+archives+OR+collection+OR+
collections+OR+%22open+source%22)&start=0&sa=N>>

A shorter URL for the above link:

<http://tinyurl.com/ylgxl8b>

Analysis Provided by Scirus of Search Results:

Content sources
Collapse  Journal sources (85,457)

     * ScienceDirect (58,875)
     * Institute of Physics (12,080)
     * SAGE Publications (7,707)
     * MEDLINE / PubMed (3,293)
     * Scitation (1,289)
     * Pubmed Central (814)
     * Royal Society Publishing (414)
     * BioMed Central (311)
     * Crystallography Journals Online (311)
     * Nature Publishing Group (226)
     * Maney Publishing (86)
     * Hindawi Publishing Corporation (45)
     * American Physical Society (5)
     * Project Euclid (1)

less    more
Collapse  Preferred web (111,838)

     * Digital Archives (64,236)
     * RePEc (40,638)
     * NDLTD (28,259)
     * Patent Offices (11,229)
     * The University of Hong Kong (2,919)
     * Way (1,610)
     * DiVA (1,054)
     * University of Toronto T-Space (809)
     * Caltech (695)
     * MD Consult (653)
     * MIT OpenCourseWare (417)
     * Humboldt (322)
     * IISc (200)
     * Organic Eprints (200)
     * IISc Eprints (175)
     * HKU Scholar's Hub (163)
     * Cognitive Sciences e-prints archive (83)
     * NASA (56)
     * Curator (34)
     * IISc ETD (25)
     * E-Print ArXiv (22)
     * HKUST (19)
     * PsyDok (14)

less    more
    Other web (4,399,855)
File types

     * HTML (3,871,669)
     * PDF (739,953)
     * Word (22,559)

The Advanced Search page of Scirus permits limiting and tayloring these
search results to specific kinds and quality level of documents retrieved
by the search of Scirus such as limitation to either or both journals
and/or "the quality web".

Here is a link to such a limited search:

1-10 of 179,963 hits for tourism OR tourist OR tourists OR hospitality OR
vacationing OR vacationers

<http://www.scirus.com/srsapp/search?sort=0&t=all&q=tourism+OR+tourist+
OR+tourists+OR+hospitality+OR+vacationing+OR+vacationers&cn=all&co=
AND&t=all&q=&cn=all&g=a&fdt=0&tdt=2011&dt=abs&dt=fta&dt=bok&dt=
con&dt=pre&dt=the&ff=all&ds=jnl&ds=nom&sa=all>

A shorter URL for the above link:

<http://tinyurl.com/ylzj577>

Content Sample:

1.     Historical Giants: Forefathers of Modern Hospitality and Tourism
O'Gorman, Kevin D. , In: Giants of Tourism. CABI, Oxford. (In Press), Jan
2010
...In: Giants of Tourism. CABI, Oxford...published in Giants of Tourism.
CABI, Oxford. This...Forefathers of Modern Hospitality and Tourism Kevin D
OGorman...first the first tourists were is a question...old, became early
tourist actions, and consequently...
           [http://strathprints.strath.ac.uk/8081/]
     similar results

2.     Taoism, temples and tourists: The case of Mazu pilgrimage tourism
Shuo, Y.(.S. / Ryan, C. / Liu, G.(. , Tourism Management, 30 (4),
p.581-588, Aug 2009
...temples and tourists: The case of Mazu pilgrimage tourism Yeh (Sam)
Shih...Tourism and Hospitality Management...akin to other tourist
destinations...pilgrimage tourists go travelling...Vatican as both a
tourist site and a...non-religious tourists to reach
religious...pilgrimage tourism - an observation...
     Published journal article available from      ScienceDirect
     similar results

3.     Photographic Messages in Tourism Advertising. Advertisers' Planning
for the Production of as well as Potential Tourists' ...
Vujicic, Sanja, dissertation, Jan 2008
...intended photographic messages of tourism organisations communicated
through tourist brochures. The secondary aim...and analyse how potential
tourists interpret tourism organisations photographic messages in tourist
brochures. The tercery aim...
           [http://hdl.handle.net/2077/17283]
     similar results

4.     Golf tourists in South Africa: A demand-side study of a niche
market in sports tourism
Tassiopoulos, D. / Haydam, N. , Tourism Management, 29 (5), p.870-882, Oct
2008
...market in sports tourism Dimitri Tassiopoulos...za a School of Tourism
& Hospitality, Walter Sisulu...The targeting of tourism market
segments...expectations of targeted tourists, develop more
effective...concerning the golf tourist. Personal interviews...
     Published journal article available from      ScienceDirect
     similar results

5.     Tea and Tourism: Tourists, Traditions, and Transformations
Hashimoto, A. , Annals of Tourism Research, 35 (4), p.1088-1090, Oct 2008
...Review Tea and Tourism: Tourists, Traditions...and tea as a tourism
attraction...international tourist destination...tea's role in
hospitality. Tea is produced...opportunities for tea tourism,
including...dedicated tea tourists. The challenge...
     Published journal article available from      ScienceDirect
     similar results

6.     Electronic word-of-mouth in hospitality and tourism management
Litvin, S.W. / Goldsmith, R.E. / Pan, B. , Tourism Management, 29 (3),
p.458-468, Jun 2008
...mouth in hospitality and tourism industry...explorer, mass tourist'
typology...adventurous tourists that discover...sales when vacationing
opinion leaders...of Spanish tourists, that while...studied Wales tourism
marketing...noted that tourists' restaurant...seeking the tourist trade
shift...interesting hospitality example relates...
     Published journal article available from      ScienceDirect
     similar results

7.     Understanding Host Community Attitudes towards Tourism and
Resident-Tourist Interaction: A Socio-Behavioural Study of ...
Zhang, Jiaying / [log in to unmask] , Jan 2008
...community attitudes towards tourism: indemnification of
community...behaviour to predict pro-tourism attitude in
differing...analysis. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism, vol. 5, no. 1,
pp. 51-66...resident attitudes and pro-tourist behaviour towards
regional...
     Full text thesis available via NDLTD  (Australasian Digital Theses
Program)
     similar results

8.     What is the hospitality industry and how does it differ from the
tourism and travel industries?
Pizam, A. , International Journal of Hospitality Management, 28 (2),
p.183-184, Jun 2009
...significantly. 2. The tourism and hospitality industries are
neither...interchangeable. While tourism is comprised of...are produced by
hospitality enterprises, these...services to non-tourists (local residents
and non-tourist travelers) as well...
     Published journal article available from      ScienceDirect
     similar results

9.     Assessing the Impact of Biodiversity on Tourism Flows: A Model for
Tourist Behaviour and Its Policy Implications
Macagno, Giulia / Loureiro, Maria / Nunes, Paulo A.L.D. / Tol, Richard S.
J., preprint, Feb 2009
...determinants of tourism destination...biodiversity on tourists? choice
of...Domestic Irish tourist flows...biodiversity on tourism flows: A model
for tourist behaviour...have analysed tourism demand have...underpinning
tourists attitudes towards...
     Full text available from RePEc
     similar results

10.     Does the tourism/hospitality industry possess the characteristics
of a knowledge-based industry?
Pizam, A. , International Journal of Hospitality Management, 26 (4),
p.759-763, Dec 2007
...public and private tourism/hospitality enterprises such
as...organizations, national tourist organizations, hotels...all sectors
of the tourism/hospitality industry, the number...enterprises are
international tourists. As such, the tourism...
     Published journal article available from      ScienceDirect
     similar results

11.     Effects of Tourism Upon the Economy of Small and Medium-Sized
European Cities. Cultural Tourists and The Others
Elena Bellini / Barbara Del Corpo / Ugo Gasparino / William Malizia,
preprint, May 2008
...cultural tourism can however...cultural tourists are defined...roughly
30% of tourist destinations...impacts of tourist spending...cultural
tourism may differ...stereotype of tourists driven by...with the tourist
expenditure...referred to as tourism industries). Tourists buy
locally-supplied...
     Full text available from RePEc
     similar results

12.     Understanding Host Community Attitudes towards Tourism and
Resident-Tourist Interaction: A Socio-Behavioural Study of ...
Zhang, Jiaying / [log in to unmask] , Jan 2008
...community attitudes towards tourism: indemnification of
community...behaviour to predict pro-tourism attitude in
differing...analysis. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism, vol. 5, no. 1,
pp. 51-66...resident attitudes and pro-tourist behaviour towards
regional...
     Full text thesis available via NDLTD  (Australasian Digital Theses
Program)
     similar results

13.     An empirical structural model of tourists and places: Progressing
involvement and place attachment into tourism
Gross, M.J. / Brown, G. , Tourism Management, 29 (6), p.1141-1151, Dec
2008
...these constructs within a tourism context. A survey was conducted with
tourists in five South Australian tourism regions that measured
respondents...study to include a specific tourism element, using a sample
frame of tourists and 'visiting a national...
     Published journal article available from      ScienceDirect
     similar results

14.     Tourism and hospitality management in China
Wang, Y.(. , International Journal of Hospitality Management, 27 (3),
p.323-324, Sep 2008
...2006. The domestic tourism market is estimated...than the inbound
tourism. As a result, the development of the hospitality and tourism
industry has boosted...biggest domestic tourist market in the
world...largest source of tourists in Asia, establishing...
     Published journal article available from      ScienceDirect
     similar results

15.     Academic foundations for hospitality and tourism research: A
reexamination of citations
Kim, Y. / Savage, K.S. / Howey, R.M. / Van Hoof, H.B. , Tourism
Management, 30 (5), p.752-758, Oct 2009
...perspective the link between the hospitality and tourism industries is
clear. Tourism depends in part on the services provided by the hospitality
industry, while the hospitality...from selling services to tourists. From
an academic research...
     Published journal article available from      ScienceDirect
     similar results

16.     A Path Model of Tourism Destination Images of Taiwan as Perceived
by Potential Mainland China Tourists
Chiu, Hung-Yuan , Nov 2007
...factors that effect tourists impression owing...conditions on Taiwans
tourism image and their cause...limitation policy on China tourists.Based
on the destination...types? and --tourist motivation...on Taiwans tourism
image presents different...
     Full text thesis available via NDLTD  (NSYSU)
     similar results

17.     EXPLORING TOURIST SPOTS FOR PROMOTING INVESTMENTS IN TOURISM
INDUSTRY OF BANGLADESH
Mohammad SHAMSUDDOHA / Marilena-Oana NEDELEA, article, Jan 2008
...different potential tourist spot for profitable tourism sector in
Bangladesh...domestic and foreign tourists significantly. So, the tourists
felt discourage...repeatedly to the tourist spots as they always...for the
sake of tourism development. In...
     Full text available from RePEc
     similar results

18.     The Origins of Hospitality and Tourism - Preface
O'Gorman, Kevin D. , In: The Origins of Hospitality and Tourism.
Goodfellow, Oxford. ISBN 978-1-906884-08-6 (In Press), Mar 2010
...Account The Origins of Hospitality and Tourism - Preface
O'Gorman...2010) The Origins of Hospitality and Tourism - Preface. In: The
Origins...and practitioners of the hospitality, tourism and leisure
industries...
           [http://strathprints.strath.ac.uk/15100/]
     similar results

19.     Rural-cultural excursion conceptualization: A local tourism
marketing management model based on tourist destination...
Royo-Vela, M. , Tourism Management, 30 (3), p.419-428, Jun 2009
...Excursionists and tourists who visit Besalu...excursionists and
tourists Sampling procedure...rural-cultural tourist/excursionist...5.8
(0,77) Tourism office at destination...easiest to observe tourists and
excursionists...formation model of a tourism destination...characteristics
sources of tourist information used...
     Published journal article available from      ScienceDirect
     similar results

20.     Book Review: L. Jolliffe, Tea and Tourism; Tourists, Traditions
and Transformations, 2006
Sharples, L. , Tourism Management, 29 (4), p.821-823, Aug 2008
...that the term 'Tea Tourism' has been rigorously...the way for tea
tourism research in the...interwoven with the hospitality sector as
demonstrated...development of tea-related tourism in many
corners...unplanned, when tourists simply punctuate...tourism and the tea
tourist and discusses the...
     Published journal article available from      ScienceDirect

21.     What tourists worry about - Construction of a scale measuring
tourist worries
Larsen, S. / Brun, W. / Ogaard, T. , Tourism Management, 30 (2),
p.260-265, Apr 2009
...2008.06.004 Elsevier Ltd Fig. 1 The 20 initial items measuring tourist
worries. Table 1 TWS: mean scores of items, SDs and
reliability...parenthesis) Students (n=378) Mean (SD) Students (n=140)
Mean (SD) Tourists (n=1770) Mean (SD) 1 (4) Stay awake 1.73 (1.45) 1.70
(1.10...
     Published journal article available from      ScienceDirect
     similar results

22.     Hospitality management perspectives on casino tourism in Thailand
Jitpraphai, Supatcharajit / n/a , Jan 2008
...Thesis Details Title Hospitality management perspectives on casino
tourism in Thailand Author...a controversial tourism development
strategy...initiating casinos as a tourist attraction. The
legalisation...introduced as a tourism development strategy...research
aims to gauge hospitality management perspectives...
     Full text thesis available via NDLTD  (Australasian Digital Theses
Program)
     similar results

23.     Undergraduates' perceptions of tourism and hospitality as a career
choice
Richardson, S. , International Journal of Hospitality Management, 28 (3),
p.382-388, Sep 2009
...students believe a career in tourism and hospitality will offer these.
Career...students believe a career in tourism and hospitality will offer
these. Career...Undergraduates Perceptions Tourism Hospitality 1
Introduction The tourism...
     Published journal article available from      ScienceDirect
     similar results

24.     'Scientific identity' of scholarly journals in hospitality and
tourism research: Review and evaluation
Svensson, G. / Svaeri, S. / Einarsen, K. , International Journal of
Hospitality Management, 28 (4), p.631-634, Dec 2009
...5%) 328(11.2%) Journal of Hospitality Tourism Research 148/91.6(63.5%)
7...003%) 365 (11.2%) Journal of Hospitality Tourism Research - 61 (23.1%)
15...scholarly journals. Keywords Hospitality Tourism Journals Scientific
identity...
     Published journal article available from      ScienceDirect
     similar results

25.     Book review: Consumer psychology of tourism, hospitality and
leisure.
Sigala, M. , Tourism Management, 27 (2), p.352-353, Apr 2006
...psychology in Tourism, Hospitality and Leisure (THL...Consumer
Psychology of Tourism, Hospitality and Leisure, held...attitudes towards
tourism in New Zealnd and...Woodside) analysis of tourists' behaviour
with...measurement of tourist destination performance...
     Published journal article available from      ScienceDirect
     similar results

26.     Coming of age of the Chinese tourists: The emergence of
non-Western tourism and host--guest interactions in Vietnam's border ...
Yuk Wah Chan , Tourist Studies, 6 (3), p.187-213, Dec 2006
doi:10.1177/1468797607076671
...desire and transnational modernity within the context of expanding
Asian tourism. Key Words: border tourism Chinese tourists modernity
non-Western tourism the host gaze the tourist gaze Add to CiteULike
CiteULike Add to Connotea Connotea Add to Del...
     Published journal article available from       SAGE Publications
     similar results

27.     A World Ranking of the Top 100 Hospitality and Tourism Programs
Severt, D. E. / Tesone, D. V. / Bottorff, T. J. / Carpenter, M. L. ,
Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research, 33 (4), p.451-470, Nov 2009
doi:10.1177/1096348009344210
...personal tools. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research This
Article...published by the Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research
for...publications Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research, Vol. 33,
No...
     Published journal article available from       SAGE Publications
     similar results

28.     Turistu; kelione.s patirtys: Lietuvos, kaip sekso turizmo alies,
vertinimo analize. Tourists journey experiences: analysis of ...
Bereiyte., Neringa , Jan 2008
...popular destinations for sex tourism, now such tours spread...the paper
is to analyze tourists journey experiences: what tourists think about
Lithuania...as destination for sex tourism. Raktaodiai: tourism, sex
tourism, sex tourist
     Full text thesis available via NDLTD  (Lithuanian ETD's)
     similar results

29.     Book Review: Richards, G. ed. (2007). cultural tourism. Global and
local perspectives. New York: Haworth hospitality...
Hanefors, M. , Tourism Management, 29 (1), p.198-199, Feb 2008
...Richards Cultural Tourism. Global and Local...2007 Haworth Hospitality
Press New York...perspectives of cultural tourism. The text
is...Sensitizing tourists and communities...all cultural tourists when we
are travelling...the cultural tourist and when it takes...focus on
cultural tourism in South Africa...
     Published journal article available from      ScienceDirect
     similar results

30.     'Empirical characteristics' of scholarly journals in hospitality
and tourism research: An assessment
Svensson, G. / Svaeri, S. / Einarsen, K. , International Journal of
Hospitality Management, 28 (3), p.479-483, Sep 2009
...40.0 (8.3%) 228 Journal of hospitality tourism research 148/110.0
(90.2...21.2 (14.0%) 228 Journal of Hospitality Tourism Research 151/147.9
(92.6...2%) 247 (13.6%) Journal of Hospitality Tourism Research 1 (0.6%)
31 (17.6...
     Published journal article available from      ScienceDirect
     similar results

<snip>

Also it may be useful to keep in mind that databases from other subject
fields may have useful tourism content:

PUBMED

tourism OR tourist OR tourists OR hospitality OR vacationing OR
vacationers

Results: 1 to 20 of 3426

1.Travel-related cerebro-meningeal infections: the 8-year experience of a
French infectious diseases unit.

Rapp C, Aoun O, Ficko C, Imbert P, Barruet R, Debord T.

J Travel Med. 2010 Jan-Feb;17(1):1-7.
PMID: 20074095 [PubMed - in process]
Related articles
2.Regulatory framework in assisted reproductive technologies, relevance
and main issues.

Merlet F.

Folia Histochem Cytobiol. 2009;47(5):S9-S12.
PMID: 20067901 [PubMed - in process]
3.[Skin diseases and tropical medicine. Results from a prospective study
(2004-2007).]

Ramez-Olivencia G, Bru Gorraiz FJ, Rivas Gonzez P, Lago Nez M, Herrero
Mendoza MD, Puente Puente S.

Rev Clin Esp. 2009 Dec;209(11):527-35. Spanish.
PMID: 20067731 [PubMed - in process]
Related articles
4.HIV Prevalence and Related Behaviors Among Sex Workers in Jamaica.

Duncan J, Gebre Y, Grant Y, Wedderburn M, Byfield L, Bourne D, Brown M,
Figueroa JP.

Sex Transm Dis. 2010 Jan 8. [Epub ahead of print]
PMID: 20065892 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
Related articles
5.Therapeutic hypothermia in drowning induced hypoxic brain injury: a case
report.

Batra RK, Paddle JJ.

Cases J. 2009 Nov 27;2:9103.
PMID: 20062680 [PubMed - in process]
Free article
6.The declaration of Istanbul on organ trafficking and transplant tourism.

Participants in the International Summit on Transplant Tourism and Organ
Trafficking.

Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl. 2010 Jan-Feb;21(1):138-47. No abstract
available.
PMID: 20061710 [PubMed - in process]
Related articlesFree article
7.Effects of Temperature and Rainfall on the Activity and Dynamics of
Host-Seeking Aedes albopictus Females in Northern Italy.

Roiz D, RosR, Arnoldi D, Rizzoli A.

Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis. 2010 Jan 8. [Epub ahead of print]
PMID: 20059318 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
Related articles
8.Medical tourism liability may fall on domestic doctors.

Kern BS.

Med Econ. 2009 Dec 4;86(23):42. No abstract available.
PMID: 20055023 [PubMed - in process]
Related articles
9.Never Smile at a Crocodile: Betting on Electronic Gaming Machines is
Intensified by Reptile-Induced Arousal.

Rockloff MJ, Greer N.

J Gambl Stud. 2010 Jan 6. [Epub ahead of print]
PMID: 20052606 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
Related articles
10.A survey of scale insects (Sternorryncha: Coccoidea) occurring on table
grapes in South Africa.

Walton VM, Krer K, Saccaggi DL, Millar IM.

J Insect Sci. 2009;9:1-6.
PMID: 20050816 [PubMed - in process]
Related articles
11.Efficacy of systematic endurance and resistance training on muscle
strength and endurance performance in elderly adults--a randomized
controlled trial.

Strasser B, Keinrad M, Haber P, Schobersberger W.

Wien Klin Wochenschr. 2009;121(23-24):757-64.
PMID: 20047114 [PubMed - in process]
Related articles
12.A Comparative Study of Involvement and Motivation among Casino
Gamblers.

Lee CK, Lee B, Bernhard BJ, Lee TK.

Psychiatry Investig. 2009 Sep;6(3):141-9. Epub 2009 Jul 8.
PMID: 20046388 [PubMed - in process]
Related articlesFree article
13.Retirement and relevant contemplation.

Khan HU, Latif SA.

Mymensingh Med J. 2010 Jan;19(1):150-3.
PMID: 20046191 [PubMed - in process]
Related articles
14.Encounters with venomous sea-life.

Fernandez I, Valladolid G, Varon J, Sternbach G.

J Emerg Med. 2009 Dec 31. [Epub ahead of print]
PMID: 20045606 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
Related articles
15.Wastewater discharge degrades coastal waters and reef communities in
southern Thailand.

Reopanichkul P, Carter RW, Worachananant S, Crossland CJ.

Mar Environ Res. 2009 Dec 3. [Epub ahead of print]
PMID: 20044130 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
Related articles
16.Travellers' diarrhoea - pros and cons of different prophylactic
measures.

Wagner A, Wiedermann U.

Wien Klin Wochenschr. 2009 Oct;121 Suppl 3:13-8.
PMID: 19915810 [PubMed - in process]
Related articles
17.Visitor injuries in Hawai'i.

Ho HC, Speck CS, Kumasaki J.

Hawaii Med J. 2009 Dec;68(11):279-83.
PMID: 20034256 [PubMed - in process]
Related articles
18.Molecular characterization of extended spectrum cephalosporinases (ESC)
producing Salmonella Choleraesuis from patients in Thailand and Denmark.

Sirichote P, Hasman H, Pulsrikarn C, Schheyder HC, SamulionienJ,
Pornruangwong S, Bangtrakulnonth A, Aarestrup FM, Hendriksen RS.

J Clin Microbiol. 2009 Dec 23. [Epub ahead of print]
PMID: 20032253 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
Related articles
19.Support for and reported compliance among smokers with smoke-free
policies in air-conditioned hospitality venues in Malaysia and Thailand:
findings from the International Tobacco Control Southeast Asia Survey.

Yong HH, Foong K, Borland R, Omar M, Hamann S, Sirirassamee B, Fong GT,
Fotuhi O, Hyland A.

Asia Pac J Public Health. 2010 Jan;22(1):98-109.
PMID: 20032039 [PubMed - in process]
Related articles
20.Chikungunya fever: CNS infection and pathologies of a re-emerging
arbovirus.

Das T, Jaffar-Bandjee MC, Hoarau JJ, Krejbich Trotot P, Denizot M,
Lee-Pat-Yuen G, Sahoo R, Guiraud P, Ramful D, Robin S, Alessandri JL,
Gauzere BA, Gasque P.

Prog Neurobiol. 2009 Dec 23. [Epub ahead of print]
PMID: 20026374 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
Related articles

====================================

TRIS
<http://tris.trb.org/>

The Transportation Research Information Services (TRIS) database is the
largest online bibliographic database of transportation research. TRIS now
contains more than 650,000 records of published research covering all
modes and disciplines of transportation. TRIS is produced and maintained
by the Transportation Research Board of the National Academies with
sponsorship by state Departments of Transportation and the administrations
of the U.S. Department of Transportation, and other sponsors of TRBs core
technical activities.

Showing 1 - 25 of 1423 records

Content Sample:

Mark: All | None | Show
Record Summary

Select all resultsx Published

The impact of European climate change regulations on international tourist
markets
Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment, Volume 15,
Issue 1, 2010, pp 26-36
Actions: View Record | View Full Document  2010/1

Rehabbing Maine's I-295 Southbound
Public Roads, Volume 73, Issue 3, 2009, pp 12-17
Actions: View Record | View Full Document  2009/11

Tourist plan
Aviation Week & Space Technology, Volume 171, Issue 9, 2009, p. 62 : ill.
Actions: View Record 2009/9/7

Galactic quest
Aviation Week & Space Technology, Volume 171, Issue 9, 2009, p. 54-58 :
ill.
Actions: View Record 2009/9/7

From hub to tourist destination - An explorative study of Singapore and
Dubai's aviation-based transformation
Journal of Air Transport Management, Volume 15, Issue 5, 2009, pp 205-211
Actions: View Record | View Full Document  2009/9

Boat or airplane? Passengers' perceptions of transport services to
islands. The example of the Greek domestic leisure market
Journal of Transport Geography, Volume 17, Issue 5, 2009, pp 396-401
Actions: View Record | View Full Document  2009/9

Spatial evolution of airport traffic and air transport liberalisation: the
case of Greece
Journal of Transport Geography, Volume 17, Issue 5, 2009, pp 402-412
Actions: View Record | View Full Document  2009/9

Designing the ideal undergraduate program in tourism : expectations from
industry and educators
JOURNAL OF TRAVEL RESEARCH, Volume 48, Issue 1, 2009, p. 106-121 : ill.
Actions: View Record 2009/8

The impact of the financial and economic crisis on European tourism
JOURNAL OF TRAVEL RESEARCH, Volume 48, Issue 1, 2009, p. 3-13 : ill.
Actions: View Record 2009/8

Consumer trends 2009
Travel Weekly, Volume 68, Issue 30, 2009, p. : ill.
Actions: View Record 2009/7/27

Steady growth in tourism
GREAT LAKES SEAWAY REVIEW, Volume 38, Issue 1, 2009, p. 59-60
Actions: View Record 2009/7

Crashes of Sightseeing Helicopter Tours in Hawaii
Aviation, Space and Environmental Medicine, Volume 80, Issue 7, 2009, pp
637-642
Actions: View Record 2009/7

Asset Management Plan for the Ambassador Bridge
Transportation Research E-Circular, Issue E-C135, 2009, pp 69-85
Actions: View Record | View Full Document  2009/7

The Economic Benefits of Bicycle Infrastructure Investments
League of American Bicyclists, 2009, 10p
Actions: View Record | View Full Document  2009/6

The Istrian Seabed - A Perspective of Sustainable Tourism Development
Pomorstvo, Journal of Maritime Studies, Volume 23, Issue 1, 2009, pp
199-219
Actions: View Record 2009/6

Criteria for Selecting a Location for a Port of Nautical Tourism
Pomorstvo, Journal of Maritime Studies, Volume 23, Issue 1, 2009, pp 41-65
Actions: View Record 2009/6

The complete package
Rolls-Royce Magazine, Issue 121, 2009, p. 20-23 : ill.
Actions: View Record 2009/6

Facilitating content analysis in tourism research
JOURNAL OF TRAVEL RESEARCH, Volume 47, Issue 4, 2009, p. 454-469 : ill.
Actions: View Record 2009/5

Game-theoretic approach to competition dynamics in tourism supply chains
JOURNAL OF TRAVEL RESEARCH, Volume 47, Issue 4, 2009, p. 425-439 : ill.
Actions: View Record 2009/5

Economic Development Criteria and Project Prioritization
Brigham Young University; Utah Department of Transportation, 2009, 132p
Actions: View Record | View Full Document  2009/5

The impact of climate change and weather on transport: An overview of
empirical findings
Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment, Volume 14,
Issue 3, 2009, pp 205-221
Actions: View Record | View Full Document  2009/5

Space tourism : special report
Flight International, Volume 175, Issue 5184, 2009, p. 22-27 : ill.
Actions: View Record 2009/4/14

A recession-proof space
Travel Weekly, Volume 68, Issue 12, 2009, p. 20-24 : ill.
Actions: View Record 2009/3/23

Aviation and the environment in the context of the EU-US Open Skies
agreement
Journal of Air Transport Management, Volume 15, Issue 2, 2009, pp 90-95
Actions: View Record | View Full Document  2009/3

Airfare deals become a key selling point for tour operators
Travel Weekly, Volume 68, Issue 6, 2009, p. 10 : ill.
Actions: View Record 2009/2/9

TRIS
<http://tris.trb.org/search.aspx>

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584
<http://daviddillard.businesscard2.com>
Index: <http://tinyurl.com/myxb4w>
<http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/net-gold.html>
<http://groups.google.com/group/net-gold?hl=en>
General Internet & Print Resources
<http://guides.temple.edu/general-internet>
COUNTRIES
<http://guides.temple.edu/general-country-info>
EMPLOYMENT
<http://guides.temple.edu/EMPLOYMENT>
TOURISM
<http://guides.temple.edu/tourism>
DISABILITIES
http://guides.temple.edu/DISABILITIES
INDOOR GARDENING
<http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/IndoorGardeningUrban/>
Educator-Gold
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Educator-Gold/>
K12ADMINLIFE
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/K12AdminLIFE/>
RUSSELL CONWELL CENTER SUBJECT GUIDE
http://guides.temple.edu/Russell-Conwell-Center
THE COLLEGE LEARNING CENTER
<http://tinyurl.com/yae7w79>
Nina Dillard's Photographs on Net-Gold
http://tinyurl.com/36qd2o
and also  http://gallery.me.com/neemers1
Net-Gold Membership Required to View Photos on Net-Gold
Twitter: davidpdillard

Bushell, R. & Sheldon, P. (eds),
David P. Dillard
<http://tinyurl.com/p63whl>
<http://tinyurl.com/ou53aw>

INDOOR GARDENING
http://groups.google.com/group/indoor-gardening-and-urban-gardening

SPORT-MED
http://groups.google.com/group/sport-med

Health Diet Fitness Recreation Sports Tourism
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/healthrecsport/
http://groups.google.com/group/healthrecsport

Please Ignore All Links to JIGLU