Re: language and fiction

Klaus Krippendorff <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 27 Jan 2008 16:12:57 -0500

text/plain

dear ken,

you say, quoting me:
>Your concluding "if" takes the form of an incorrect syllogism: "if fiction
is created, composed, sorted out and rearranged for others to make sense of,
as i suggested, history is fiction with the claim that it is based on what
happened."<

in logical terms: "if A = X and B entails X (having been stated separately)
it follows that A entails X."  if you consider this to be an incorrect
syllogism then i have no understanding of your logic.

could your opposition to what we have been discussing be explained in terms
of incompatible logics?

klaus