FSL  2006

FSL 2006

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: FSLVIEW / nifti / analyze orientation

Mark Jenkinson <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 28 Nov 2006 00:35:49 +0000

text/plain

Hi,

Sorry - I just followed on from Ged's interpretation that you'd
gone via analyze.

Based on the header info in the original email it looks like
the nifti qform is just wrong.  It seems highly unlikely to me.
I notice that the SPM Analyze has an origin set, which
clearly isn't consistent with the nifti, and I tend to trust the
Analyze in this case because it gives both "positive and
negative values" for the coordinates (i.e. zero, the origin,
is somewhere inside the image, not on someone else's screen!)

I definitely think that FSLView's interpretation is consistent
with what's in the nifti and that the nifti is at fault.  You can
see all the features in the qform, with respect to origin
locations (large values in the fourth column stop anything
getting to zero) and coupling between Y and Z (with the
off-diagonal terms at 2,3 and 3,2).

So, check with LONI I guess.

All the best,
	Mark