Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: The Choice for The Left

Sean Delgado <[log in to unmask]>

Film-Philosophy Salon <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 22 Sep 2001 23:37:32 +0100

text/plain

By Michael Albert and Stephen R. Shalom
This Q & A is so cold and dispassionate, so filled with doubt and
misinformation against the facts, it can only be a propaganda handbook.
Chomskys Manufacturing Consent, is exactly about the techniques used in this
pamphlet.  At least Chomsky writes with human interest and passion, which
these guys so totally lack.

The FBI statement on the front page of today’s Hollywood Reporter says that
: FBI spokesman Matt McLaughlin said. "The uncorroborated threat states that
a film studio in California could be the target of a terrorist bombing
attack in retaliation for any possible bombing attacks by the United States
against Afghanistan. In an abundance of caution, the FBI has provided this
threat advisory.

See, now that’s interesting!  Take out Sony in Culver City, Universal (take
out the whole damn city, the walk needs to be re-built anyway) and
Paramount, and you’ve taken out a major cause of evil in the world!!

You guys would rejoice in the streets knowing that the major source of
propaganda, terror, exploitation of women and all types of unholy terrors
has been wiped out (not to mention the source of most discussion on the
list), But still, Godard could keep shooting, Wenders and many many others.

Who would miss Hollywood after all the horrors they inflicted on this world?

But wait!!  It seems most of the evil produced there is Specifically and
only for international consumption!!  Go to any film market, if there ever
is another international market:  Mifed, mipcom, afm, London, berlin,
Cannes.  Go there and see all the trash that never gets released in the US,
yet the rest of the world eats up!!  They don't have to buy the junk, but
they do.

Five Star distributors in Israel bought `Body Chemistry III’ for 5 and 5 (5
years/5 grand).

Hold on!!  Global Distributors out of India just took Westly Snipes’ `Art of
War’ for Pakistan and added 50k to the deal??  50k for Pakistan?  (where do
they get it?)  Also `Dead of Night’?  Wait, DON is a SEXY movie!!  Produced
by Playboy.   Why are they watching that in Pakistan?  (I’ll forward copies
of contracts to anyone on this list who doesn’t believe it)

Miracle distributors in Pakistan bought the classic `Get Carter’ with
Sylvestor Stallone!!!  They put up an LC with Imperial Bank for 100k, with
75k cash paid.  On 9/18 we drew down on the LC and it was good (we thought
they'd choke), unbelievable.  These are the things you have to look at when
considering what this all means.

Should I go on and tell you about `bikini car wash’ `thy neighbors wife’ and
all the other crap your noble poverty stricken victims watch in Pakistan and
the entire mid east??  Or are the `elite’ parts of town excluded from the
discussion?

>Osama bin Laden is an exiled Saudi, who inherited a fortune estimated >at
>$300 >million, though >it's not clear how much remains of it
it's not clear?  Whos paying the guys writing this?  They make it sound like
hes got the money stashed under his bed!!  how much remains of it?  One
million, even at a modest 3% still yields 30 thousand!  300 yields 900
thousand or better (and that’s at a bad rate, Money grows fool!!)  When does
the interest pay out is a better question.  Check out the Hijra Construction
Company and the Taba Investments fund amongst others, (these are bin Ladens
co's and they're on the open market(7/9/01)) Ziad Jarrah, one of  the
suspects in the attack, check out the Jarrah fund!!  Osama has ostrich farms
in Australia (proven fact)!!  You don’t want to participate in this `war’?
Oh, how romantic!  Go eat your ostrich meat in Australia and help finance
bin Laden!  Teach your class about all the `isms’ you can rationalize with,
but in this modern world theres only one `ism’ , and its capitol.

These characters are so far in it and I’m not talking about a hole!!  Why
doesn’t CNN show some of the palaces these guys live in?  The outrageous
wealth these people have, while their starving masses beg for humanitarian
aid from who?  Australia?  France?  No.  Figure it out.

Its about MONEY.  Why doesn’t bin Laden spend a couple of million and buy
food and medical supplies for his starving people?  Has he ever given one
penny to these displaced marginalized people?  Sure he has, how do you think
he took over?

Or maybe they (the bodies) are meaningless in the eyes of Osama and his
bankers??

Check out his dad, and the rest of his family, check out their homes in
Boston and Florida, is it a coincidence that Boston and Florida was were
these guys did their training??  You tell me.

Osama is the only kid from this one particular woman, while all the other
women had several, to the turn of 52!??  so I guess you can call him the
black sheep of the family, or maybe his dad got board with her and moved
onto some other babe.  Look at this guy.  Why tolerate polygamy?  No we
don’t go for that here, its illegal, yet Harvard will take their money, and
give them a fund and a chair!

And that’s my point.  Rich Industrialists bidding on contracts did this.
Hijra Construction, frustrated Airlines, small arms manufactures, all
complained at one time or another to the right brokers who put this
together.  Don’t ask questions, just give them the money and they’ll clear
the way for the contracts.  That’s how this happened.

>Because it was not …down town Manhattan… Indonesia… Afghanistan…
>does not make the tragedy any less.
So who gets to shoot next in your little game of tit for tat?  I’m losing
track!  The people are expendable, so keep it up!

Is there a difference in the cost or value of one human life?  I say look at
the evidence:  Bodies left to rot out in the desert, or piled in a nameless
mass tomb. Compared to carefully digging out each part, and categorizing and
separating for burial.  It doesn’t take money to do this.  Is there a
difference in the cost or value of one human life?  The answer is most
definitely yes, there is a difference in the value of human life.

So my college friend gets blow away or crushed in falling buildings (either
way hes missing) so I should say:  `Well, just think of all the others who
have died horrible deaths, maybe we should do like the them and just throw
some dirt over `em and walk away, oh well, oops, look at the time, I’m late
for class!’

That’s what I mean about not understanding things that are not physically
close to you.  Our friend in Australia says she understands and sympathizes,
shes seen it on 24 hour CNN coverage!  But all shes seeing is selective and
clean, clean and amooth as the phallic plane smashing into the phallic
building (its very gay, you know, didn't the picture of the guys at the
airport look like a couple of gay yuppies), no body parts, severed limbs,
etc.  The big question in the clean up is:  Should each part go into a
separate body bag, or should they just fill a bag with parts?

As far as I know, the Iraqis in `91 just left their dead in the desert to
rot, and I’ve never read Chomskys reports of how the worlds victims clean up
their butchered, do they put each severed hand, rib cage or leg part go into
a separate body bag, or do they just fill a bag with parts?  Even if they
don’t have bags of sorts, do they try and put the severed parts together?
Now remember, for those of you watching CNN and NOT seeing anything, we’re
talking thousands, not hundreds, not dozens, but thousands…

And then you talk of John Keynes?  bin Laden knows all about economics, and
more importantly, media.  He has all you CNN watchers thinking hes some
humble Possessionless rebel.

_The avoidance of taxes is the only intellectual pursuit that carries any
reward_
John Maynard Keynes

Seems like Osama is a mighty intellect.  Hes got at least one up on all you
people.