Dear Colleague

I am interested to know what policies/actions other Institutions adopt when PGR Examiners become unavailable.  In particular what would happen in the following circumstances

1 – the External/Internal is unavailable of the day of the viva

2 – the original  Internal/External Examiner is unavailable to consider a resubmitted thesis

If you do not deal with PGR students within your institution I would be grateful if you could forward my email to the relevant person.

Many thanks

Jane

Jane Lewis-Normand

Head of Student Academic Services / Pennaeth Gwasanaethau Academaidd Myfyrwyr

Academic Services / Gwasanaethau Academaidd

Swansea University  /  Prifysgol Abertawe

Singleton Park         /  Parc Singleton

Swansea SA2 8PP   /  Abertawe  SA2 8PP

Tel/Ffôn: +44(0)1792 295335

Email/E-bost: [log in to unmask] | [log in to unmask]

Web/Yr We: www.swansea.ac.uk | www.abertawe.ac.uk

Rhowch wybod i ni os hoffech dderbyn eich gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg.  Rydym yn croesawu gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg neu yn Saesneg.  Ni fydd gohebu yn Gymraeg yn arwain at oedi.

Let us know if you would like to receive correspondence in Welsh.  We welcome correspondence in Welsh or English.  Correspondence in Welsh will not lead to a delay.

Rydym ni'n Broffesiynol.  Rydym yn Gweithio Gyda'n Gilydd.  Rydym ni'n Gofalu.

We Are Professional.  We Work Together.  We Care.

cid:4EC161A8-1EE2-44DA-883F-0A9DFA415331

The University welcomes correspondence in Welsh and English | Mae’r Brifysgol yn croesawu gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg ac yn Saesneg.

Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to. | Peidiwch ag argraffu’r e-bost hwn oni bai fod gwir angen gwneud hynny.

The contents of this email are confidential and for the intended recipient only. If you have received this
message in error, please inform the sender and delete the message. | Mae cynnwys yr ebost hwn yn gyfrinachol a dim ond y derbynnydd a fwriadwyd a ddylai ei ddarllen. Os derbynioch y neges mewn camgymeriad, rhowch wybod i’r anfonydd a dilëwch y neges.

Swansea University is a registered charity. No. 1138342 / Mae Prifysgol Abertawe yn elusen gofrestredig. Rhif. 1138342

To unsubscribe from the ARC-APG list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=ARC-APG&A=1