This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message. -------------------------------

Apologies all, had meant to send this directly to Leah (must be the end of the day!).

Ali

From: ali wells
Sent: 17 October 2017 16:18
To: 'Social History Curators Group email list' <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: Reproduction fees

Hi Leah

How are you? It’s nice to have an excuse to get in touch, even if it’s over fees!

Please find our fees attached, which were updated in 2015. The original document was created in 2012 after a lot of research. Just had a chat with Martin about this, and he feels that we might be charging too little again. He expects people to negotiate fees (we send a quote and say something like ‘we are happy to discuss fees’) – everyone negotiates with me and I often offer a discount for educational use and if they are sending us a copy of the book afterwards. For local self-published books where there is a clear local benefit and they are unlikely to be making much money we either waive the fee or charge minimal, say £5 per image. A lot is done in discussion.

Would you be able to anonymously collate all the responses you have and share with SHCG – I’m sure lots of folks would find it useful – and if not could you send over your new fees once they are agreed?

What have you been working on? Martin and I are building up to next summer’s exhibition on toys and games – just been agreed to work with a computer games company for a smaller exhibition in galleries 2 and 3.

Wishing you all the best

Ali

Ali Wells

Curator (Natural Sciences and Human History)

Herbert Art Gallery & Museum

Culture Coventry

024 7623 7573