UEL Refugee Studies 20th Anniversary Event for Refugee Week 2017

In conjunction with Refugee Week 2017 and the 20th Anniversary of the MA in Refugee Studies Programme at the University of East London, we are delighted to announce this event to be held this Wednesday, 21st June at the UEL Campus in University Square, Stratford.

Full details of the programme are now attached. The event is free, however for catering purposes we kindly ask you to register via the Eventbrite link below.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/uel-refugee-studies-20th-anniversary-event-for-refugee-week-2017-tickets-34315039206?utm_term=eventurl_text

We will be also be collecting items of clothing that can be donated to Asylum Seeker and Refugees living locally; clean, undamaged, clothes and shoes, sportswear & trainers can be dropped off with us on DATE (mens for local distribution, ladies will be sent to Syria).  We can also accept financial donations that will be used to keep medics volunteering in Calais, and to launch a housing support initiative in Dagenham.

Refugee Support is a Charity under the auspices of Prism the Gift Fund (number 1099682) - It was formed in 2015 to put healthcare into the refugee camps in Northern France and has since expanded to support newly arrived Asylum Seekers in the UK - mainly in the East London and Essex area.  It was founded and run by Liz Hulse, a current MA Refugee Studies student at UEL.

We look forward to seeing you on the day!

The Refugee Studies team