Continuing our series of Commentaries on issues in or affecting our sector, we are pleased to publish Charles Oppenheim's thoughts on the Marrakesh Treaty and its implementation in UK law. In June 2013, at a diplomatic conference in Marrakesh, the World Intellectual Property Organisation (the UN agency concerned with everything to do with intellectual property, including copyright) adopted the so-called Marrakesh Treaty for facilitating access to published works for persons who are blind, visually impaired or otherwise print disabled and in 2014 changes to the law in the UK were implemented as part of the package of copyright law reforms.

The Marrakesh Treaty and its Implications (Charles Oppenheim, August 2016) can be found at http://tinyurl.com/hdpj3ty

Other Commentaries in this series are:

... all of which can be found in the Commentaries section of our web site: http://tinyurl.com/hnheyu5

Chris Armstrong - [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask] Awards & Admin for

UKeiG - UK eInformation Group

www.ukeig.org.uk

Follow us on Twitter - @ukeig