JISCMail New Lists 18 - 23 Feb 2013
To highlight the activity on our service, here is a summary of public lists JISCmail have recently created for the UK Academic and Research Communities, which are open for anyone to join. Why not browse, subscribe and take part in the conversation?
- DAWN-DEV Mailing list for the Developers of the DAWN Science collaborative software www.dawnsci.org
- NEHERITAGE Supporting AHRC funded NE Heritage Partnership project (integrating academic researchers with community heritage groups)
- TURNITIN A discussion forum for those delivering and supporting Turnitin services that will enable participants to highlight issues, get an indication of how widespread any issues are, and provide support to each other.
- ULCCMUGHE The ULCC Moodle User Group (HE) will exist in order to represent ULCC's HE customers strategic, technical and operational interests with respect to the ULCC’s Hosted Moodle service. The group will share good practice amongst the user community, consider and influence future development of the ULCC’s service offering, including: product & service improvements, new product development, joint (cross-institutional) development projects, identify user requirements in light of legal, government and operational changes within the UK HE sector.
- STUDENT-FUNDRAISING This list is used to communicate with and derive responses and research from the student fundraising community across the UK in both further and higher education.
- CENTRIFUGAL-EU The list caters primarily the communication needs of the collaborative research network "Centrifugal Europe: State, Sovereignty and the future of European integration", wider community of scholars of European Studies and scholars working on aspects of societal, national and European integration processes across the EU member-states. The mailing list will be used to facilitate exchange, communicate news and updates of research activities of the network.
- FUTURELEARN-PARTNER-LIBRARIES The list is for FutureLearn Partner Libraries to collaborate, share information and latest news on the MOOCS e-learning initiative, FutureLearn.
- PSPGROUP The purpose of the group and this mailing list is to get to know other MA and PhD students who are interested in and work in the field of Psychosocial Studies. We would like to organise events and conferences so we can get to know each other, network and share our research.
- DJCAD-RAS This discussion list is used by the Art and Design research community in and beyond DJCAD, University of Dundee.
- REFUGEE-ARCHIVES-HISTORY-GROUP The Refugee Archives and History Group is an informal group of archivists, historians, NGOs and refugee communities. The main focus is the administration and care of both refugee history archives in the UK.
- LIS-ARLG-WALES This list is primarily for discussion announcements among members of the CILIP Colleges of Further and Higher Education special interest group who work or live in Wales
- FOREST-HUMANITIES This list is for sharing announcements of events, publications, and ongoing research in the culture of trees and forests. It brings together academics and researchers from different institutions and fields, including environmental history, anthropology, art history, law, literature, and geography. It aims to provide a communication network for the large breadth of research in forest humanities, history, politics, and culture.
- DATA-PUBLICATION This list is used to make announcements and promote discussion to Higher Education and the international research community about research data publication. Topics include technical and scientific peer review, trusted repository accreditation and the challenges for researchers, institutions, funders and publishers.
- HYDROCITIZENSHIP This is the a announcement list for the Hydrocitizenship AHRC Development grant project team
- LIS-OPENATHENSLA This list is a discussion area for users of OpenAthens LA from Eduserv. This is a community list, and is not run by Eduserv.
- NTWCLRN-RMG-PERFORMANCE Distribution and discussion group for research management performance metrics in NTW CLRN area.
- PUBLISHING-STUDIES This list is a forum for discussion of issues around the development of publishing studies as a discipline in the UK and internationally, and for the dissemination of news about forthcoming events, funding opportunities and publications in this field of study. Included within this topic are publishing culture generally, book, serials and publishing history; economic, political and social issues associated with the development, sale and dissemination of intellectual property; design, typography and production of print and electronic media; audience and reception studies, among others.