Dear Father East: Many thanks for that fascinating series on the creed. It
reminded me of much that I have forgotten and generally revived my
interest in the topic. Quite apart from the various definitions of the
three-fold Christian deity and the fourth "person", namely the BVM, what
do you think explains why theologicans concentrated on this particular
theological problem in the late Roman empire (and, save for repressing
Cathar dualism, very little afterward).  And why do you think that these
several definitions seemed to find express regional support, that of
Alexandria, Antioch, Rome and, as the imperial voice, Constantinople?
Yours, John Mundy