Hello, it's the List Sheriff again!

A gentle reminder to those of you who are replying to messages received in
digest form:

PLEASE change the subject of the message, otherwise the subject will be (to
cite a recent example):

Re: Digest of medieval-religion - volume 1 #537

I'll copy to you once more the information I recently sent to the list about
digests

* * * * * * * * * *

About Digests
-------------
You can receive mail sent to medieval-religion in digest format.
This means that instead of receiving messages one
at a time as they are sent to the list, you will receive lots of
messages in one e-mail. A digest is sent every night or when more than
20 messages are sent to a list.

Receiving Digests
-----------------
To receive messages in digest format, send the following command to

set medieval-religion digest

To stop receiving  messages in digest format, send the following command to

set medieval-religion nodigest

Replying to digests
--------------------
When replying to digests, please remember to:
- watch where your reply is going. The default is for replies to go
to the whole list rather than just the sender of the original message
- change the subject of the message, otherwise the subject will be 'Re:
Digest' (unless we're discussing law, in which case this might be
perfectly appropriate)
- only quote the message or part of the message you are replying to rather
than the whole digest.

That's all for now. (I hope.)

Except to thank you for your many detailed and enlightening messages to
medieval-religion!

George the Obsessed