In March this year I posted the following:-

>EUROORIENT - A WARNING
>
>  In 1997 a new periodical (ISSN: 1284-4519) started in Neuilly-sur-Seine,
>  France. On the front cover and at the head of the title-page it carries the
>  title EUROORIENT, with the two Os overlapping, followed by SHARQ WA-URUBA in
>  Arabic script. However, elsewhere in each issue, including the running title
>  at the foot of every page, and on the spine, the title appears as EURORIENT,
>  with only one O.
>
>  This periodical carries scholarly articles in French on the Middle East,
>  which we are including in Index Islamicus. So far three issues have been
>  published. Following our normal practice, we have taken the title from the
>  title-page, and it appears in our citations as EUROORIENT. However, the
>  Bibliotheque Nationale de France has catalogued it as EURORIENT (although
>  their record also gives EUROORIENT as an alternative title). So far I have
>  not seen it in any other catalogue or database: it is not in RLIN nor OCLC
>  nor MELVYL.
>
>  This situation is likely to cause some confusion, and may prevent
>  students and researchers from finding the periodical when they need
>  it. The best way to prevent this will be to ensure that library catalogues
>  record both titles in searchable form.

	I have now received another issue of this periodical (No.4 Fevrier-Mai
1999) and I find to my dismay that this one gives the title on the title-page
as EURORIENT, with only one O, and without the Arabic title SHARQ WA-URUBA
(although EUROORIENT / SHARQ WA-URUBA still appears on the front cover). We
shall therefore have to record it as a change of title, and cite it as
Eurorient in Index Islamicus. We wait with bated breath to see what is on
the title-page of the next issue.

	This periodical is still not recorded in RLIN, OCLC nor MELVYL.

						Geoffrey Roper

						Islamic Bibliography Unit
						Cambridge University Library