" GEM has brought me in contact with a diverse range of museums and
educational practice and I think it provides a great opportunity to
explore ideas  with like minded colleagues."

" GEM provides its members with an e.mail  "chat room" which I find very
interesting and helpful in taking part in current debates, especially for
my work at City University"

Robert Mason in Museum Practice (12) says " The GEM web site is the best
museum education information resource from the UK and helps unite a
section of the profession that uses a large number of freelance satff. In
addition  to the usuakl organisation information and contact details there
is a wealth of useful material."

He goes on (its on page 15 of the most recent Museum Practice..

Please tinker with my quotes as you see fit..

Vicky