Hi Michael,
I have played around with some javascript calculatots that might interest
you.  Have a look at http://www.iinet.net.au/~bill/java/
basically I have taken a few common calculations and made little calculators
out of them so the user can enter the data and get the result.

Feel free to use them on your intranet if you think they might be useful (of
couse assuming you will have a browser based system).  If you would like
some others done just let me know and I will give it a go.

Regards,

Bill McConnell.

At 06:03 PM 2/17/99 -0000, you wrote:
>Dear Colleagues,
>
>We are developing an electronic reference source for use in wards by junior
>medical staff. we are keen to include basic calculations for items such as
>acid-base disorders, osmolar gap, anion gaps etc. We would appreciate any
>help with calculations that might be of value or any suggestions for
>inclusion in the computerised help source for junior doctors. Perhaps some
>of you have already done this? If so please get in touch!
>
>Michael Ryan
>Tom Mclean
>Antrim Area Hospital

Bill McConnell
Medical Scientist and acting RPH Webmaster.
Department of Clinical Biochemistry
Royal Perth Hospital.
Perth, Western Australia.

Phone: 089 279 8509 (home) 089 224 1176 (work) or 0418 922 875 (mobile)
e-mail:  [log in to unmask]