Dear Listers,

As it would happen (or: as it was *meant* to happen, some would say) I've
just spent many frustrating hours scanning in a few slides for my
never-to-be-completed website.

Including some very mediocre views of the quite magnificent Radix Jesse window
("c.1150") in the West facade of the Cathedral of Chartres.

Helas, pretty dreadful repros to accompany Bill East's typically informative
post, but perhaps better than nothing:

http://homepages.infoseek.com/~centrechartraine/Ch-Vit/ChV-Jes.JPG
http://homepages.infoseek.com/~centrechartraine/Ch-Vit/ChVJesd1.jpg
http://homepages.infoseek.com/~centrechartraine/Ch-Vit/ChVJesd2.jpg

And one of the Queen of Heaven at Home, from the top of the Incarnation
Window next to the Jesse:

http://homepages.infoseek.com/~centrechartraine/Ch-Vit/ChVWInc3.JPG

I've tested all these links and they work, but, perversely, Infoseek
seems to have gone glacial and they are slow to reply for some reason.

So, with a little patience, as the fellow said, "Let those who have eyes see."

(BTW, curious to me that, in Art Historical circles, the iconography is always
referred to as the "Tree of Jesse.")

Best season's greetings to all from here,

Christopher

Christopher Crockett

Would-be future curator of the
Centre des Etudes Chartraines
a home on the Web for Chartres-
related scholarship from all disciplines,
comming sometime in the next millenium
to a web site near you.

And Pres. & CEO of
Christopher's Book Room
P.O. Box 1061
Bloomington, IN 47402
(Corporate motto: "Will sell Books for Food")