	Re "St." Hildegard, like so many medieval saints, she wasn't
formally canonized, but, insofar as he is accurate, D. H. Farmer says
that she was included in the Roman martyrology in the 15th century "and
her cult was approved for German dioceses."  From what I gather, the
local veneration of her as a saint dates from her death.  As well as Lat.
IV's prohibitions against women preaching, I suspect the fact that she
and her convent were under interdict for awhile for burying an
excommunicate didn't help help her cause, even though she successfully
appealed the case.
	She was noted for her skill with herbs.  Perhaps she brewed
up something potent for her headaches that added even more flair to her
migrainous "shewings"!  Migraines, ergot, and magic mushrooms--the quick
way to revelation?
	John Shinners