>FWIW, it was the intention of the Consilium revising the liturgical
>books after Vatican II to restore Psalter collects in the new _LH_. A
>Schema (draft proposal) was prepared, gathering examples from ancient
>and medieval sources, but due to the opposition of the group's chair,
>these collects were relegated to a _Supplementum_ that has (so far)
>never been published. The ICEL rendering of these psalter collects can
>be found in the US adaptation of the _LH_, though in a slightly
>different position than was intended by Martimort and the group who
>drafted the Schema.

Thank you, Stan.  I knew nothing of this.  Speaking as a practitioner:  I
find that unless one pauses after, or before, each psalm to turn its content
into prayer, there is a danger that one is simply burbling about Moab being
my toss-pot, or whatever, without doing much actual praying.  The psalter
collects may provide texts to help one do that.  Even as I write, a
testimony on the subject has come in from Mon Lib, to which I direct the
curious.

Bill.