Greetings!

><...I was wondering if anyone knew where I could pick
><up a Latin Vulgate Bible on a student's budget.  I have
><had terrible luck finding one.>

Sounds like the dilemma I posted earlier this year, which led me to some of
the on-line Vulgates (including that wonderful Bible Browser site).
U of Toronto bookstore carries them for about $90 Canadian.  Someone on this
list suggested I try Blackwell's, but I couldn't find anything modestly
priced there, either.

>But maybe someone on this list has an answer to a simple
>question that's bugged the hell out of me in twenty years
>in the book bidness:
>
>WHERE _*DID*_ ALL THE VULGATES GO???
>
>In my modest career I've not come across more than a dozen,
>half of those pre-1800.

No kidding.  I check my local used bookstores and any other one I happen to
wander into frequently, and I've yet to see *one*.

Susan