Dear Juris,
If you  have not already looked at the following work you might find
some clues about the identity of Petrus de Amore:

Marie-Anne Polo de Beaulieu, ed.,* La Scala Coeli de Jean Gobi*, Sources
d'histoire medievale (Paris: CNRS 1991).

This edition presents several hundred exempla often accompanied by
moralizations and allegorical interpretations. Like Herolt, Jean Gobi
(c.1350) the compiler/author of the of Scala was a Dominican. There
is a useful introduction, which if I recall correctly, discusses the
exempla collections that Dominicans often relied upon. (By the way,
Petrus Alphonsi (d.1140) compiled a collection of 39 dialogues between a
magister and his student entitled Disciplina clericalis. It was used
later by preachers as a  source for exempla. However, I do not see how
Petrus Alphonsi can be construed as Petrus de Amore! But perhaps someone
else out there knows if they are one and they same.)

Good luck in your search!

Dr Carolyn Muessig
Department of Theology and Religious Studies
University of Bristol
Bristol BS8 1TB
UK
phone: +44(0)117-928-8168