Can anyone provide me with any additional information about the "New
British Iron Company".

At present the only information I can find is that the company was
founded in 1829 under the name "British Iron Company" to run the
Abersychan Iron Works together with its appended ironstone mines and
collieries in the Afan Lwyd Valley, South Wales. The prefix "New " was
added to the company name in 1843 by which time it may also have had
operations in the Midlands (no details at present). The company went
into bankruptcy in 1851 and its works were bought by the Ebbw Vale
Steel, Iron & Coal Company a year later for only £8,500 (estimated as
being only a fifth of the works true market value at the time). The name
of the company continued to be partly preserved in that of the "British
& Top Pits" an umbrella name for a series of coal levels and shafts that
operated until at least 1910. As yet I have found no connection between
the latter mentioned pits and those of the New British Rhondda Coal
Company Limited who had collieries in the Vale of Neath until at least
1934.

I would particularly like to know if the name "New British Iron Company"
was resurrected for any other ventures in the UK after 1851.

Thanks in anticipation,

Mark Smith.