	I am a relatively new member to this list.  I enjoy reading the messages
immensely.  I teach natural resources law in a law school in the states,
University of Arkansas School of Law (Fayetteville), and my speciality is
oil and gas law.  Oil and Gas law in the states, unlike in Britain, is
primarily a matter of private law, with an emphasis on property and
contract law.  I also have an interest in coal and other hard mining law.

	I am interested in old mining legal documents, known as "mining leases" in
the USA in which the mining operator, the party who develops the mine,
enters into a formal agreement with the landowner, the owner of the fee
interest to the land wherein the mine is or is to be located.  I would like
to see how the early lawyers (solicitors) structured the mining
transaction.  Other legal documents, such as partnership agreements, etc.
would also be of interest to me.  I am not sure if any such documents exist
but if they do, I would be interested in copying, or making arrangements to
see them.  I will be in London sometime during the last week of December.
I realize that that may not be the most convenient time to examine
documents due to the holidays.

	I would appreciate it if anyone with knowledge about the existence of such
documents would email me

	I look forward participating in the discussons.  Thank you.  Phillip Norvell