Does anyone in the HE sector have any experience with this model of
LCD projector?  If so I would be very interested to hear your opinions
of it.  It is being pushed very hard at a very reasonable price by one
supplier, but that does beg the question as to why such a good price
is available?

In particular:-

1.  Is the image bright enough (rated at 650 ANSI lumens)?

2.  Specifically is the image bright enough in an environment that
cannot be completely darkened?

3.  How quickly does the brightness of the bulb deteriorate?  As a
rule of thumb we have assumed a bulb should operate at optimum
brightness for about 80% of its rated life, with the brightness only
diminishing markedly as the bulb nears the end of its life.

4.  Any other specific problems experienced with this projector?

5.  Any other particular projector that you would highly recommend?

Please reply to me personally.  I will summarise responses to the
list.

Thanks in anticipation.

Richard Mellowes
Deputy Librarian Technical Services