info for those here interested in such matters

Garam Masala is touring again, through fall and spring. Not a huge tour,
more next summer, but we're launching and promoting our debut CD. I'm
posting a selection dates up and coming before the year turns.

For those who know nought of us, it's a cross-cultural approach to the
Ghazal (a Pakistani form of lyric song). Samia writes from a feminist
perspective that some audiences (particualrly those from a Muslim faith)
find uncomfortable. The songs are sung in Urdu, Welsh and English  -
sometimes all three interwoven and / or simultaneous. I find the resultant
language very interesting to the ear.

The music blends driving tabla, Euro-Asian melodies (violin, clarinet,
harmonium) with some modish dub and bass groove.

We're at:

Norfolk & Norwich Festival, Maddermarket Theatre (01603 620 917)
Sunday October 11 @ 7.30 (5)

3rd Luton International Festival, Luton Library Theatre (01582 547 474)
Sat 7 November @ 7pm

Interface-Festival of Intercultural Arts, Cochran Theatre, Southampton Row,
London (0171 242 7040)
Sat 14 November @ 7.30 (10 / 8)

The Barbican Theatre, Plymouth (01752 267 131)
Fri 27th November @ 7.30 (6.50 / 4.50)

The Spitz, 109 Commercial Street, Spitalfields. London E1 (0171 392 9032)
Wed 16th December @ 8pm (10 / 8)

'the colour of the heart'  -  CD
is availavle from Sound & Language as from now
price 10.50 (incl P&P)

cheques made payable to Sound & Language
at: 85 London Road South. Lowestft. Suffolk NR33 OAS

sorry for the hard sell

love and love
cris