re earlier exchanges

while I try not to use going to the pub as a critical gesture, I have been
to the pub since espeaking to douglas and tony and, unusually, I have had
some thought

whether one explains a disparaging comment about hughes or not, it wouldn't
be the same as explaining or not a disparaging comment about e.g. Out of
everywhere

there is one if Hughes and he has a name

there are many in OOE and they don't all have _names_

I have considerable sympathy for liking what one likes without quite knowing
why... BUT

I counsel care, however, when condemning on the same basis; it is at that
point that we should be carefully scientific

                  Visit the mainstreamuk website at -
   http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Oracle/6753
                                  Visit the alp website at -
   http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Oracle/7911