Peter Riley wrote:

> I'd also like to say (though I may have misunderstood what was being
> described)  that if the Manchester Police were successful in censoring
and
> suppressing a publication promoting virulent racism, then the Manchester
> Police are my friends.
I've not seen the Lord Horror book, so I can't speak with authority, but
what I've gathered (from Index on Censorship and elsewhere) is that the
book presents a luridly exaggerated racism - without authorial comment,
treating the audiences as grown-up enough to realise how horrible it is.
I don't know how artistically successful it is. I don't know if the
unenlightened might take the ranting literally. I do know that
censorship is a dangerous thing.

George
--
George Simmers