perhaps.  I wrote to Amazon.com & today received a reply.  The gist is
that there was indeed a misunderstanding: Sun & Moon asked that the DATE
OF PUBLICATION not be attached in Am's catalogue to certain future
publications - it was never intended to be interpreted that the
publications themselves were cancelled.  The message cancelling my order
need only to have had the word postponed or delayed & none of this would
have happened: and I need only to have checked with S & M etc...
Amazon have been given September 1998 as the release date for Maggie
O'Sullivan's book.  I will be having a private launch party at the creek
in my back garden: if any of you is in the neighbourhood pop by with
some Theakston's Old Peculiar.  I owe a particular apology to Maggie
O'Sullivan & would appreciate if someone would convey it or let me know
an address.
Slainte, Pete.