Re: Ted Hughes, evil capitalist monster.

Ted Hughes is not an evil capitalist monster.

I've never found that literature spoils autumn for me, if anything it
enhances it. Thomas Hardy was particularly good on the subject and there
was a Keatsperson.... not to mention Kawabata. It is possible, if you come
out of those smug little holes, to read, and possibly create, literature as
a thing that does good in the world. Autumnal freshness would not be such a
calming tone if literature didn't constantly balance the hints of mortality
against the fixing of gain, n'est-ce pas?

What's wrong with commerce?

Peter Riley