Colleagues,
In order to cut down on the number of 'me too' emails, might I
suggest that anyone who has any useful info sends it to the whole
list as a matter of course.  That way we can all benefit.

My contribution is to say that we have a systems of EO Reviews - each
year one area of University  activity is selected for systematic
scrutiny.  A small sub-group of the EO Steering Group (which is a
committee of Senate and Council), chaired by a PVC or Dean, conduct
the review, which consists of requesting all relevant documentation,
meeting key staff, putting out general calls for evidence/info from
all staff and students.  The outcome is a report with recommendations
to the EOSG, which are then referred for implementation as
appropriate.  The areas which have been subject to review are Student
Accommodation, the Library, Physical Recreation and Degree
Congregation.

Moira

Moira Collett
Academic Registrar