Dear Dr. Ferzoco,

I thought I'd go ahead and offer, if nobody else has, to try and speak to a
student perspective on using medieval-religion.  You're going to get an
intro post from me in a few days -- I just changed accounts and started a
religion M.A. program here at the University of Chicago -- but I've been
lurking on the list for about a year now, and it's been extremely helpful as
well as inspiring to me.  Without ever having the nerve and/or the
wherewithal to post (I was between institutions and felt woefully out of the
loop), I was able to benefit from a whole host of discussions:  everything
from which edition of the Vulgate to purchase to which critiques of
_Montaillou_ to read.  I've got a big fat folder of messages saved from
medieval-religion containing valuable bibliographic information, and your
discussions have turned me on to a number of excellent Web resources.  (I
should add that I can't imagine pursuing scholarship without the Internet,
if not the Web  -- thereby dating myself terribly, I know.)  I also listened
in on two regular posters who are visiting scholars here this year, heard
about some dictionary entries which I'm currently writing, and developed a
healthy respect for the varying expertises of everyone on this list.

If you'd like, and if no more regular posters want to cover those topics, I
would be glad to speak up; I'm planning to travel out to K'zoo in any case
and hope I can greet you there.  If you already have someone to speak or if
I'm too late, though, you can simply consider my comments a compliment to a
well-administered and extremely rewarding list.

                                                                        Sinc
erely yours,

                                                                        Wend
y Love Anderson