I have been a fascinated lurker on this list for a year or so.  I am
completely inexpert about medieval religion so have no idea how
significant/exceptional/worthy of note what follows is.

While on holiday in Sardinia last month I visited the church of
Santissima Trinita di Saccargia, whose apse, according to my guide
book, "contants the only extant cycle of 13th century frescoes in
Sardinia".  Looking at Christ and the Apostles I was immediately
struck by the way one was holding his hand.  As I thought from dim
memory, it was as described by Graham Jones in his message of 8
January last.  Since my return I have looked at the messages on this
subject again and see that two similar gestures were discussed in
them.  The only reason I am sending this message is that I think
quite an array of obvious gestures were being displayed by the
apostles.  As I say I have no idea, if my memory is serving me right,
of how worthy of note this might be, but anyone who is interested and
is in Sardinia might find it worthwhile to visit the church, which is
about 5 miles south-east of Sassari on main Sassari to Olbia road.

Stephen White ([log in to unmask]),           16 Tymynydd Close,
Visiting Lecturer,                          Radyr,
Cardiff Law School,                         South Glamorgan,
University of Wales,                        CF4 8AS,
Cardiff CF1 1XD,                            Wales, U.K.
Wales, U.K.                                 Tel: 01222 842453