Dear Esther and others,

As far as I remember, Caesarius doesn't name "iste foetor" a "foetor
iudaicus", though the research literature always assumes that he was
using this concept (for which there's ample evidence in Patristics;
see Schreckenberg, Adversus-Judaeos-Texte I, Index s.v.). Remember
that this is also in the context of Marian symbolism, and Mary is,
among many other things, "odor suavitatis".
 Talking of Caesarius reminds me of Gary Dickson's lament that his
Dialogus wasn't available in a cheap edition. What about putting our
excerpts on the net somewhere? (e.g. at the Sermons Studies homepage,
George?) And someone should start working on a proper critical
edition, too.

Best wishes,
Christoph