Vicky Hood wrote:

Does anyone have any good references for authoritative/important texts
on medieval Latin paleography? I've found Bischoff's text
_Paleography: Latin and Medieval_ and was wondering if there are any
closet (or overt) paleographers lurking online? I read English ad
French fluently, thus setting my limitations. Any help would be
greatly appreciated!
Vicky Hood
Memorial University of Newfoundland

Dear Vicky,
Speaking as a paleographer, I can recommend:

1) Leonard E Boyle, OP, MEDIEVAL LATIN PALAEOGRAPHY: A Bibliographical Introduction. U
of Toronto Press, 1984.  This is an excellent collection of materials, as yet not
superseded;

2) BL Ullman, ANCIENT WRITING AND ITS INFLUENCES. U of Toronto Press, 1989 (Med. Acad.
Reprint);

3) James J John, "Latin Paleography", MEDIEVAL STUDIES, AN INTRODUCTION. James M Powell
(ed), Syracuse U Press, 1992 (2nd ed);

4) Jacques Stiennon, in collaboration with Genevieve Hasenohr, PALEOGRAPHIE DU MOYEN
AGE. Librairie Armand Colin, Paris, 1973.

These should provide some assistance. My best, Marian Hollinger ([log in to unmask])