Wise One wrote:

> This just shows how willing and desperate  people were to find patterns in
> nature in those days.
> The people of the age were looking for any way to explain life patterns
> where as we have many of the answerHs on a plate

 I think this might be too modern a perspective.

 For patterns and explanations, the primary source would be the Scriptures.
 The idea that one can find the truth by observing nature is surely a
 modern one, rather than a medieval one.

 (And I'm really not sure how many of the answers we have on a plate. We
 seem to know something about how the universe ticks, but to a medieval
 mind this would all be mere frivolous detail. And that same mind would
 be sure about things that we find ourselves doubting.)

 Alasdair