As does Geoffrey of Monmouth in the Arthurian section of his Historia
Regnum Britanniae (if memory serves me correctly). Again, though, only
just pre-1150...

Cheers,

Mike

PS A quick introduction from a long-time lurker, first-time
contributer (to paraphrase the immortal Bart Simpson). My interest
in medieval religion stems from my undergraduate days at Birmingham
University, when I was especially interested in late medieval
heresies, although as that was some time ago, and my knowledge very
rusty indeed, I will now probably return to lurking for the
foreseeable future :)

> > Can anyone inform me about pre-1150 examples of the use of the
> > metaphor of the wheel of fortune in medieval literary or historical texts?
> >
> >Wace uses it in his Brut, but that's a little late for you - about 1155 if my memory serves me.
> I'll check the reference if you like.  Oriens.

Mike Lacey
Heslop Room Pre-1851 Retrospective Conversion Team,
Main Library,
University of Birmingham,
Edgbaston,
Birmingham,